Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Car Care Philosophy

Zaino Bros clear coat

Hi Guys...

I guess this message is basically for Detail Dude but it is also for anyone else who know.
I bought a 2000 C5 used. The paint is in good shape, BUT I wanna get involved with the Zaino products. How do I know if the car has been treated with the Zaino car polish? I was told that if it has the Zaino polish on it, you cant put other polishes on it. Should I skip the polish and go right to the "Gloss Enhancer" and car wash? I really wanted to clay bar it to see if it helps make my baby even shinier.

Thanks for the help.....
Anthony

There's no real way of knowing.

First time owning a car I suggest you get intimate with it and do the entire treatment.

Hi, thanks for the reply. My paint is in great shape. To be honest, I had a bad experience with wax once and I am alittle apprehensive. To add to that, I read a posting about a guy using a clay bar. He claimed it was heavily lubricated but it still left scratches. Im almost thinking i should leave well enough alone. I have no experience in detailing a car of this quality and Im alittle squeemish about claybarring.
What do you think about going right to the Zaino Show Car Wash and Gloss Enhancer and skipping the claybarring and polish??

Thanks Detailing Dude!!!
Anthony

Well, to check to see how much your car needs claying take a cellophane cigarette wrapper, put two fingers inside it and gently glide it across the surface. If you feel a bunch of roughness then you'll probably want to clay.... otherwise you'll be trapping those contaminants under the wax and decreasing the paints reflectivity.

wow...great tip. I'll havta check it out and let ya know. Thanks dude!

:BOW

have you heard

DetailingDude,
Have you heard of Perma Seal? "The lazy mans wax". I was at the Dallas car show last weekend and bought some. I don't know if I should use it or not. Since you are the expert, I thought I would ask. Thanks for all the great information. A girl can learn a lot from you...

Tracy

There is no shortage of car care products. I try to keep up with things, but every now and then some pop-up. Basically, they outsource the technology or buy a recipe....

It might be good and it might not. The thing that I've always said from day one.... "you have to do proper surface prep in order to get good results, regardless of the product used"

and thanx for calling me an expert! :D

Quick question for ya detailing dude!!! I have a 35th Anniv vette. Its triple white. Just wondering what type of cleaner would you recommend on the white body side mouldings??? Ive been going crazy trying to figure out what can work w/o affecting the paint. Thanks!!

MRANT212 said:
Quick question for ya detailing dude!!! I have a 35th Anniv vette. Its triple white. Just wondering what type of cleaner would you recommend on the white body side mouldings??? Ive been going crazy trying to figure out what can work w/o affecting the paint. Thanks!!

Pardon my ignorance, but what part are you calling the body molding?

Sorry for not being more specific. The body side mouldings run around the whole perimeter of the car. midway between the body and around the bumpers. the are made of a white rubber/plastic material. These mouldings have a tendancy of turning a beige color after a period of time. What ever you can come up with would be greatly appreciated!!!

to detailing dude

In the March 2004 issue of Corvette Enthusiast Magazine [pg 72] is an advertisment for Lustrelab LXR www.Lustrelab.com 866-597-5971.$19.95 for 32 oz of this new product that will change the way you care for your car, or so they claim. I sent away for it and tried it yesterday. VERY impressive. I am a Zaino fan and work diligently to get that 'wet' look on my Polo Green 96 from their product. I am always skeptical about shortcuts, but I got the look I was after with just one application. I am giving you a 'heads-up' because you have contributed so much to CAC. I hope you try this product and give us wax-head-wanna-be's your analysis. BTW the total is $26.90 with S&H so each wash should cost $3.36. However, I prepared one gallon exactly according to the label, and used less than 1/2 even doing the rims, so I am looking forward to about 20 washes per order. Here is an exerpt from their website:

LustreLab ™ "LXR"™ is the latest innovation in automotive cleaning technology, replacing the need for car wash liquids, wheel cleaners, glass cleaners, bug and tar removers and waxes… saving you time and money.

LustreLab LXR's patented acrylionic formula is made with a high concentration of acrylic polymers, the same ingredients as your car’s clear protective coating. These polymers actually place a positive charge on the surface of your car, which helps it repel dirt and grime.

These polymers fortify and beautify the surfaces on your vehicle leaving behind a brilliant, streak free, "harder than wax" shine. You'll never need to wax your car again.

Hope this is the correct thread to post this topic. I will watch for a reply

Denny Nelson

MRANT212 said:
Sorry for not being more specific. The body side mouldings run around the whole perimeter of the car. midway between the body and around the bumpers. the are made of a white rubber/plastic material. These mouldings have a tendancy of turning a beige color after a period of time. What ever you can come up with would be greatly appreciated!!!
I'll start a new thread on this. I don't know how long this has been up there so I apologize for the oversight on my part.

I was just poking around in this section and I am glad to see you are now at CAC.

About your car

I was reading on one site,there's this kind of plastic that detainers are using.It cost around $350 to do the job.It's guaranteed for 2 years.So that way no swirl marks,ya don't need to do the clay bar.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom