Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My car won't start

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
Hi,I am new to this forum and I need help.I drove to the store and my car ran fine.Just got it back Friday.Had a new engine put in it.I would turn the key and nothing.Starter won't turn over .Radio and all accessories don't work.I can't figure it out.The battery wouldn't start the car with a junp start.No lights,nothing.Can anybody help me/i had the car towed to the dealer and hopefully they can find the problem.My car is a 99Vette with automatic transmission.

:w Just wanted to welcome you to the Corvette Action Center...I don't have a answer for you but someone will come along and help. Good Luck

Hmm, we seem to be having a run on 99's with battery issues.

From the symptoms you describe, it sounds to me like the battery is simply dead. So dead it can't even take a charge from a jump. I think you may need to replace it.

I'm going to move this thread to the Technical/Performance Discussion section.

If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to contribute!

-Patrick

EDIT: Sorry Rain, forgot yours was a 2000, not a '99. :)

If you drove it to the store OK and it died there, I'm thinking it's not the battery itself, especially if it won't even start off a jump. I've had problems with my '95 where I backed it out of the driveway, shut down to move my other cars and then it wouldn't start again. Try this: remove both cables from the battery and clean the s*** out of them, put a dab of conductive silicone on both leads and don't be shy when you reinstall, i.e., crank 'em on. If that doesn't work, go with CORed91's idea and try a new battery, I recommend the Exide, that's what I have in mine. Best of luck to you.

Dan

careful if you CRANK on the posts(leads).
Those DELCOs from back then were prone to breaking off or cracking and leaking acid down on your wireing harness and computer!

its ok Patrick - mine was purchased in Oct of 99.,,. even though shes a 2000 :)

picked up my car at the agency and the mechanic checked my car for shorts and loose wiring.Battery checked out OK also.he really wild thing is,the mechanic put the car in the ignition and it kicked right up.Can't figure it out.thanks to all who offered to help.---Rod

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom