Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first affair

Joe8915

Corvette
1990 Blue Steel
Ok it finally happens, in my 40 years of driving everything from APC in Vietnam, ATV in the Mountains, all kinds of farm equipment and 60 foot boats. I have never experience what I drove last night, 1990 corvette. O my god, what a feeling. Now I understand you guys. I thought I was in a NASC Car. I have never in my life driven any thing like that in my life. When I buckle in and those damn seats when then suck you in side by side. I knew I was in for a ride of my life. I was like a little kid in front of a big roller coaster for the first time waiting to get buckle in. I thought I would share this with all you experience corvette owners. And what is it with this wave thing that you guys got going on. Hell I couldn’t even take my hands off the wheel. I was inform later at the end of the ride.

Ok now for a question. This guy said he has done nothing to it except change the oil. It has 67000 miles on it. What do you think I should be expecting down the road? I know that is a loaded question.

Thanks

Joe

Joe, I was looking to buy a 1996 Collectors Edition, and a co-worker (who owns a 94 Vette) told me to drive a C5 before I bought anything. I drove a 98, and RIGHT THERE the 96 became history. I decided to get the newest car I could, for the money that I had to spend, and wound up with a 2000 automatic coupe. Can't tell you what to expect down the road, but I'm sure that there are a bunch of guys here that will put in their 2 cents worth. Whatever you decide, welcome to the forum and check out the C4 pages. I'm sure that there will be a lot of answers in them.
Andy :w
P.S. drove an APC in Nam and Colorado a time or 2 myself.

Although I own a C4...and love it...I would suggest that you drive a C5 before deciding on anything! You may fall in love all over again. :D

One thing to keep in mind, too...if the owner hasn't done anything to it at all and it has 67k miles, it's likely it will need some work (unless a previous owner did some of it).

When shopping for a Corvette, do a lot of research and do your homework. Don't jump at the first one that comes along...although you just might go back to that one when all is said and done. I always tell people to focus on the newest one with the lowest miles. There are many Corvettes for sale. The right one will be there for you. ;)

Let us know how you make out. And if I can help you out at any time, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom