Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first Corvette

ZumZum

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Coupe
Hey guys and gals. I just purchased an '88 coupe (automatic) and I love it. It needs some work to get it up to where I want it, but it's mechanically sound and runs and drives great. I can't wait to get up in the morning and get behind the wheel. I been reading the posts here for a few weeks (before and after my purchase) and I know I'll have some technical questions down the road. I want to thank you already for the help I know I'll receive from you experinced vette people. Hello and thanks again.

Welcome to CAC. Sounds like you have one just like mine. Where are you in Central IL? I went to school at EIU in Charleston. If you live nearby hopefully you will get over to Mid America Motorwerks and see all the Corvette accessories and museum.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Welcome to CAC, we're glad to have you join us! :w

Chad

Congratulations on the 88'. Isn't the torque such a rush?

When are you going to start doing some mods to it? :D

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center

TONS Of great folks and info here -
Post a pic of your new ride when ya can!

Rain and Susan

Hey, ZumZum! Welcome to the best Corvette forum on the 'net! No problem too big or too small for the wizards on here. I've found solutions and parts that have saved me a bunch of time and money. Well worth the price of admission :D

Planned modifications

Edmond said:
Congratulations on the 88'. Isn't the torque such a rush?

When are you going to start doing some mods to it? :D
This summer I think I'm just going to enjoy driving the car. Next spring I'm going to have her repainted. I need to redo the exhaust. I'm thinking about headers and a complete dual exhaust if thats possible. Eventually I'm going to have a friend of mine build me a 383 stroker motor. Somewhere in the 500-550 hp range.

Baldie88,
I live in Blue Mound, just SW of Decatur.

I'm trying to post a picture of my car but I keep getting the message that the file size is too big

ZumZum said:
This summer I think I'm just going to enjoy driving the car. Next spring I'm going to have her repainted. I need to redo the exhaust. I'm thinking about headers and a complete dual exhaust if thats possible. Eventually I'm going to have a friend of mine build me a 383 stroker motor. Somewhere in the 500-550 hp range.

That sounds like a good plan. I'm building mine to a 383 this winter and I'm keeping the TPI system. Haven't thought about the exhaust but I'll definitely use TPIS headers into Flowmasters.

I haven't decided yet whether to stay with the TPI or go to carburation. My first instinct is to try t ostay with the TPI. I wonder which is more complicated. Keeping it TPI or junking the computer stuff and going to a carburator.

Hey ZumZum, I know exactly where that's at. Have a friend that teaches in Decatur and a college buddy that's the school superintendent at Mt. Zion.

Baldie88

ZumZum said:
I haven't decided yet whether to stay with the TPI or go to carburation. My first instinct is to try t ostay with the TPI. I wonder which is more complicated. Keeping it TPI or junking the computer stuff and going to a carburator.

Oh, I meant if you were thinking about going with a different intake system like the Mini Ram or the Super Ram?

You'll soon find that there are so many options for us Corvette owners. The possibilities are endless! :_rock

Vette picture

Rain said:
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center

TONS Of great folks and info here -
Post a pic of your new ride when ya can!

Rain and Susan
I finally got a picture with a small enough file size. If the quality is not so great it's because I took it with my phone camera.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom