Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My New Race Deck Floor

Likarok

Corvette
2008 Atomic Orange ZO6
fetch.dll

For the last few months I have been working on setting up my garage. Most of my neighbours almost cause a traffic crash as they stop in the middle of the street to have a look.

Race Deck flooring is so easy to work with too.........

Kim

Your garage looks great! Hopefully I can do something like that when I move.

How easy is this stuff to work with around odd-shaped protrusions, etc.

How easily does it cut, drill, etc?

Thanks,

what is the size of your garage and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

See if I can remember all these questions.

Yes it is easy to work with....you need to chose whether you want it right to the wall or leave it out a bit and use the border trim pieces. I went wall to wall. I just used a power miter saw and if you have any carpenter skills you can do it.

My garage is 24' x 24' and the floor cost me $2800.00(can) to do.It is not cheap but I figured if I can spend $60,000.00 on a Vette another few thousand to show it off properly is worth it.

Peit... funny you ask because I drove to Edmonton to pick it up. First I e-mailed Race Deck in Salt Lake and they gave me the name of an Edmonton dealer. I worked with Thomas at Special Event Rentals and he fixed me up with what I needed.:beer

fetch.dll

fetch.dll

Note that I used a 8" strip of checkerplate aluminum for a transition from the driveway to the floor and it also creates a nice seal for the garage door to come down onto.

race deck

nice floor. I am getting ready to fix my barn up into a shop. Where did you purchase the floor material?

Roadrunner , I would suggest you e-mail Race Deck for your local dealers like I did.........

Likarok,

Your floor looks GREAT!

I painted mine that way with Epoxy, and like you said, the neighbors almost crash trying to get a look. I have had mine like this for almost a year now, and I still see people straining to get a look. Many times they will stop, get out and ask if they can get a closer look. I now know many of my neighbors that I did not know earlier because of this! Get use to it!

Where did you get the checkerplate aluminum? That looks really good!

Bill

Very nice work. You did a great job.

Looks like you can eat dinner right off that sparklin' floor.

:m

Noticed your shoes by the internal door, do you have to take them off to walk on your new garage flooring?

Wipe Tires before Entering!

Thanks for all the compliments....

Matchframe- Just purchased checkerplate from a metal supply shop and got them to shear it for me the right dimension.

NC-50- No my wife still insists that it stay the normal way....shoes off before going in the house...haha

Honestly....I have had lots of fun doing this......to most people their garage is just a big storage area, but when my wife and I built this house a few years ago we had to find a lot that could have a 24x24 garage......our cars and trucks are our hobby as they are to most of you I am sure, and we spend most of our time polishing and admiring on those cold canadian nights in the winter.

do tires leave marks on the white tiles??? how easy are they to remove?

Tires leave marks but only if they are dusty......haven't gone through a winter yet but I have plan for that. I have seen a garage mat made for parking on in the winter so all the melting snow and crude falls on it. A local tire shop here sells them so I am thinking of doing that this winter.

Great question's ......you guys don't miss a beat......;) ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom