Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Mystery Bowden Cable

delray56

Corvette
I'm a proud first-time Corvette owner and have been working hard on my Roman Red 62 for the past three months. I just sold a 56 Chevy Delray after 17 years of ownership so I'm familiar with 50s and 60s mechanicals and electricals. But...my buddies say that Corvettes are DIFFERENT and now I'm finding out why. I've accessed this forum as a guest many times and have gotten such great insight to some problems on my 62, that I decided to become a member.
Here's my issue: I cannot find any references (in my assembly manual or service manual) to a bowden cable I found tonight while troubleshooting my wipers. I have the usual three cables from the heater controls, plus the wiper control cable. But I also found a dead-end cable that originates somewhere behind and above the tuning knob on my Wondebar (the radio does not function). It ends in a fitting of some sort that attaches to the structure behind the dash. I cannot see into the area where it disappears. Can anyone offer insight on what that does?

NEVERMIND....I took the dash pad loose tonight and found an old manual choke cable. Unusual place for a choke - pointing downward and through an old dash pad.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom