Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Need a Shield

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

SGF

Corvette
2011 Jeststream Blue Grand Sport Convertible
Picking up the sweet ride (2011 GS Convertible) on April 6th at the museum. Now I just have to figure out best way to keep bugs and rock dings off the car for the ten hour ride back to Maryland/DC. This is what I have so far:
- Full Bra - For one time use, don't think so
- Flimsy bra - Light throw away, one time use, $175.00?? Not sure
- Clear bra - Saw this on a Lotus this evening at the dealer, looks pretty good, but wasn't planning on keeping it on and I understand it's difficult to get adhesive off. I don't know about this either?
- Enjoy the ride and cringe every time a bug, dirt, rock or roadkill hits the jetstream blue paint job.

Any and all recommendations welcome.;help

I'm still looking for a bra for my '10. Didn't want to spend $600 for the color matched one from the museum. An inexpensive one like was available from GM for my '04 isn't in the offering. The only real option I've seen is the stretch bra that is sold by the museum and other Vette vendors. It will keep the bugs off, but I'm not sold on how much protection it would be for rocks...

Clear Bra

Leaning toward clear bra. Anyone use a clear one to keep bugs away and rock marks to a minimum on long rides like the one from the museum to DC?:Steer

Clear Shield

Went with the clear bra. So far - so good 10 hour ride home from the musuem. Might take three days to do it. May make a few additional stops.:L

Need A Shield

Had a clear Bra put on my car right after I bought it. Now on the car for 14 months, good product, hardly can be seen. Holds up to rocks and bugs real well. If you do it, also do the lights and rocker panels and mirrors. Be careful when you wax the car, apply from the bra toward the uncovered areas.

PS 3M makes it and it is pre cut, same material they put on the leading edge of helecopter blades.

Picked up the Vette and Clear Bra

Thanks. Picked up the Vette and had Clear Bra installed at NCM. They did a great job. You're right...can hardly see it. Was recommended not to put on head lights? Did do most of front, over stripes on GS and back of mirrors. Nice work!

Clear bra

Clear bra didn't work for me. Having one on my BMW, then my GS and now on my Stingray I can report that yes, they're a bitch to get off and they don't offer the protection they advertise. I'm going with the Speed Lingerie bra in Limerock green which, according to the sample I was sent, perfectly matches the paint on my car.

Image had my GS for over 4 years now ,I own two different bras and hate putting them on,I have no nicks or scratches in 20,000 miles ,what I do is follow the car ahead of me no closer than four car lengths ,it works.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom