Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Advice

S

shsouthard

I have a set of L-31 Vortec heads "Stock" with 1:6 to 1 roller tip rockers with a Edelbrock RPM Performer intake and would like to use my stock cam Intake duration @ .050- 222\ Exhaust Duration @ .050- 222 Intake Lift- .450" Exhaust Lift- .450" Lobe Centerline- 114 this is in a 79 L-82. My question is will this work?
Thanks for all the help so far :beer

Does anybody run vortec heads on a stock L-82 ?

You might run into some compression issues with the smaller chambers in the Vortec heads.I'll have to do some research on 79's to remember what they came with stock.The RPM intake will have some hood clearance issues but i've seen people get around that with aftermarket air cleaners.

Stock compression is 8.9 to 1 with 76 cc heads. Will the same breather I used on my old Edelbrock Performer intake work ??? with the new heads ? its pretty thin.

Your going to have too much compession with a 64cc chamber,but since you already have the heads you might as well try and install them with the thickest head gaskets you can find and see what happens.Just remember to keep your timing on the conservative side when you begin the tuning process.
You will have to experiment with the air cleaner to see if it will fit.Your 79 hood has more clearance than my 70 so you might get away with a shorter filter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom