Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help from fellow 68 owners!

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Hi all - need a favor. It appears that 68 is unique in this regard and since they are missing on my car I need to see what these things look like and the whole set up. Can someone who has a 68 post some pics here or PM me with some pictures of the hood latch mechanisms that bolt to their hood? I have an aftermarket L88 that has the screw holes to receive what ever this is that is supposed to screw to the hood but I'd like to see what they look like. I bought some 69 Corvette hood items off ebay and they clearly will not work on the 68. It looks from what I can decipher that 68 is a bit backwards than 69 and later. What I mean by that is the male piece is on the car while the female piece is bolted to the hood. Is this correct?
Thanks
Dawn

Dawn,
I'll shoot you some pics tonite when I get home if someone hasn't done so already.

Cee

Dawn
Do you still have the windshield wiper door in yours? The hood on earlier Sharks had a shorter hood then the later ones it is not uncommon to replace the early hood with a later one. I will shoot a few pics once I get out to the barn, mine is supposed to be origional, it needs some tlc but nothibng I can't handle.

I figured I had better do this before I put it up in the air.
in no particular order, if you need full size pics pm me your e-mail and I'll send them later.

DSC03423.JPG

DSC03424.JPG

DSC03425.JPG

DSC03426.JPG

Perfect Boss Vette.... thanks. See, they don't reproduce these anywhere (^%$#@!!!)...... so I'm going to have to search far and wide for them because I don't have those pieces for the hood. The receiver pieces in the engine compartment that you show match the ones on mine so.......... the search begins. THANK YOU! Having pictures of these will help when I come across them. :)

Thanks Bossvette! I'll post a query there for some help! Unfortunately, I'm just a bit too far away to boogie on over there!

Just a thought why not replace all the hardware with later model stuff, I don't know if you are into "matching numbers" correctness or not but if it will work why not try it. There is a guy in our Vette club with a 68 with a long hood If I can find some time I'll aks him what latches he used.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom