Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need info on a '56

Wolverine

Corvette
1976 Bright yellow L82 4-speed
Hi Guys,

I normally hang out in the C3 section, but have a question for you...

A friend has an opportunity to buy a '56 with 55K original miles. It is billed as a "survivor" with everything original and in pretty good shape (so he is told). The guy is asking $50K for it.

Is this a good price? What would be a good ballpark figure for this if it really does live up to its billing?

My friend wants me to look at it with him. I am pretty familiar with C3's but don't know much about these. What are some of the basic things that we should be looking for?

Thanks.

Based on the information given.................. 50K is probably not out of line. All original doesn't always mean good things though. A deteriorated original would need many thousands spent to bring it up to usable/showable condition. Now, a good true "survivor" that has had good care and preservation could be worth much more. I would go inspect the car and report back with some photos and your personal obsevations. Act fast if the car is high quality or it will get away.

A Cascade green / beige with power windows, 2 tops, all 'original' except the engine was a 59 passanger 283 recently sold here for $55000. It was a decent nice car with a powerglide automatic. New owner just found the correct numbered engine and is spending more money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom