Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need plate

safety_match

Corvette
1990 Bright Red roadster
Need help to find a part. I can't find it in any catalogue that I have.

It is the plastic plate underneath the power seat switches for both seats. This switch is on the console between the shifter and the glove box. The switches themselves work fine but I need replacement plates. If you look at the arrows in the picture you will see they point to burned areas and this is why I want to replace the plates

Am prepared to buy switches too if that is the only way I can replace this piece. Thanks for your help.

Safety

Parts

Try this place

www.contemporarycorvette.com

Yes, it's a salvage yard. And they'll want to sell you the whole gizmo. But it will be a lot cheaper, it will be presentable, it will work, and they are reliable to deal with. I bought an entire DIC from them just to get the fuel and trip buttons. It was well worth it.

Hope this helps

Switches

If you find a palce that has the seat switches PLEASE let me know. I've checked everyone to no avail. My drivers seat switch does not operate in reverse. These parts were only used a couple of years, from what I've found out and are discontinued. I've even checked numerous salvage yards with no help. I actually had to cut the wires and swap them to get my seat to go back. When I bought the car the guy told me that the seat was kaput. A little inspection and I found the connector under the seat disconnected. I reconnected it and the seat works fine. Except in reverse. I found out the hard way, had the seat all the way forward, with little room to even get in the seat (knees in the dash.) That was almost three years ago and still no replacement switch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom