Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New 08 Coupe

• Thread starter Thread starter mikejpss
  • Start date Start date
M

mikejpss

Just to say hello to everyone. Just ordered a new 2008 coupe with a Museum Delivery,projected delivery is week of 3-17-08.
You can probably imagine how excited i am, along with my wife who is excited too.
We owned an 81 that I restored,kept it for a couple years then went naked (without a vette) until I pulled the trigger last week.
You may remeber my login name (mikejpss) from those discussions that went bak a few years ago.
Anyway, we are happy to be back in the CAC......
My new 08 will be:
Standard coupe in Victory Red with painted roof, 6 speed manual trans,2LT interior package with Cashmere color,Dual mode exhaust & Polished Aluminum wheels.Simple,sweet and 436hp.........
If anyone has taken the Museum Delivery ( R8C) option, can you give any advice on rental cars,flighs,etc..???? Any heads up???
Thanks,Mike J.....;help :)

Congratulations!

Sounds like its going to be a great experience and of course a great car!

Keep us informed of your experiences..

Always interesting to read about..

JB

ok for a ride!

If anybody wants to pick me up & drive me to the NCM, that would be ok !!!!:chuckle

I think you can call the museum and talk to them about car rentals..as I recall someone said they have a deal with one agency that you pick the car up in Nashville and leave it at the museum...something along that line...

I think you can call the museum and talk to them about car rentals..as I recall someone said they have a deal with one agency that you pick the car up in Nashville and leave it at the museum...something along that line...

That is correct you need to call Shea and Enterprize 615 405-2335 and it 100 bucks and yes just drop the keys at the Museum. I pick mine up on the 10th of Mar 08.

tried that

I called for Shea at Enterprse 3 x's before his assistant returned my call. She told me that Enterprise had merged with Alamo, or Avis (i can not remember which one) and to call them, Enterprise could not help me from Louisiana to Kentucky.

Thru Travelocity I was able to book a rental one way for $140.00 + gas from La. to B.G.,Ky.,thru Avis. The rental is to be dropped off 6 miles from the Museum, the folks at the Museum will pick me up at the drop off point - no charge.

So far, the experience has been great with the folks at Bowling Green.

Three weeks from today we leave for the delivery on Tuesday March 18th......Already I am unable to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.- thru the car rental experience I found you CAN NOT talk to a live American person to get help. You CAN talk to someone in Ireland or Peking named Sam , or Sarah........but they DO NOT know where Louisiana or Kentucky is, etc.,etc........Sad........

Other than the rental car experience, you should have a wonder time with the Museum delivery.
My wife and I have done that twice - once in 2002 for a 2003 AE and again in 2006 for a 2006. The NCM really shows you a good time at the plant and the museum.

I did not have to bother with the rental car either time however as a friend drove us out in 2002 and my son, who lives in Huntsville now, picked us up the second time.

Enjoy!

Other than the rental car experience, you should have a wonder time with the Museum delivery.
My wife and I have done that twice - once in 2002 for a 2003 AE and again in 2006 for a 2006. The NCM really shows you a good time at the plant and the museum.

I did not have to bother with the rental car either time however as a friend drove us out in 2002 and my son, who lives in Huntsville now, picked us up the second time.

Enjoy!

The people at the Museum have been very,very nice ,informative an trying their best to make this a lifetime event for me and Sandy. I HIGHLY reccommend the R8C option at this point. And I will post after the delivery of what we found at the Museum/factory. We know it will go off without a hitch !:w

I called for Shea at Enterprse 3 x's before his assistant returned my call. She told me that Enterprise had merged with Alamo, or Avis (i can not remember which one) and to call them, Enterprise could not help me from Louisiana to Kentucky.

Thru Travelocity I was able to book a rental one way for $140.00 + gas from La. to B.G.,Ky.,thru Avis. The rental is to be dropped off 6 miles from the Museum, the folks at the Museum will pick me up at the drop off point - no charge.

So far, the experience has been great with the folks at Bowling Green.

Three weeks from today we leave for the delivery on Tuesday March 18th......Already I am unable to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.- thru the car rental experience I found you CAN NOT talk to a live American person to get help. You CAN talk to someone in Ireland or Peking named Sam , or Sarah........but they DO NOT know where Louisiana or Kentucky is, etc.,etc........Sad........

We called on Tuesday the Feb 19th and left a message - He called back in few hours later and setup the car with 2 day rental and will be waiting for us at the airport for a 100.00 bucks. Didn't even need a credit card to secure nor a deposit. He said leave the keys with the Museum staff and they will pick up the car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom