Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: new 2008 muffler adaptation to 2007 C6

Ian

Corvette
2007 silver convert
Can you adapt the new 2008-2009 baffel muffler to a 2007 C6? ...or too much involved ..if not ......do you think you can get the same effect with the corsa sport muffler

Can you adapt the new 2008-2009 baffel muffler to a 2007 C6? ...or too much involved ..if not ......do you think you can get the same effect with the corsa sport muffler
I have had both. you will like the corsa a million times better! I did,

thanks........ I assume it is not to loud when cruising Ian

PS should I get the crossover pipe ? Ian

I'm with johnm on this - get the Corsa instead of trying to convert to the computer controlled exhaust. I've ridden in a Corsa equipped C6 and liked it very much. Not too loud when cruising but loud when you want it loud. I have Corsa on my C4 and I'm very happy with it. I also have an '06 with the standard exhaust and an '08 with the NPP exhaust.

The '06 is too quiet for me but it's my wife's daily driver and that okay with her.
The '08 has the "Mild to Wild" control installed and I generally leave it in 'wild' except on the highway with the top and windows up - then it's too loud inside and drones.

PS should I get the crossover pipe ? Ian
The cross over is not necessary if it is the sound you are looking for. Corsa has a web site that allows you to hear the different models. mid america motorworks has a rating system for exhaust sounds. They rate sound at idle,wot and 70mph cruise. the system works like this 1=slightly more agressive than stock,2=moderately louder than stock and 3=crazy.I liked the system with a 2-3-1 rating ie:moderately louder than stock at idle (so when I pull up to a light next to a mustang I don't have to apologize for having such a whimpy sounding car). Earth shaking at wot and about as quiet at cruise as the stock system. Not to mention it looks much better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom