Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new C4 driver

JimBobHue

Corvette
1992 Coupe, A4
After years of looking/thinking about a C4 I finally found a deal I couldn't pass up. Found my 1992 A4 in black with 107k on the odometer and in good shape. Blew the hose from the coolant tank to the water pump less than a week after buying and that wiped out the opti. So I replaced all hoses under the hood since they were all date stenciled 1992. I replaced the opti with an MSD unit (detailed in another thread) and the car runs like a top now. I bought the MSD since it comes vented and was about $200 cheaper than a duraspark. The water pump looked new and showed no signs of weeping so I didn't replace it.
I had to replace the vacuum T (autozone Help section) to get the cruise to work, and replaced a couple of other vacuum lines which is to be expected after 19 years.

I've been driving it almost daily for 6 weeks now and I'm getting 20mpg city and having a ball driving the car. Does not have any significant rattles/creaks like my previous 4th gen F-bodies did. I still need to fix the headlights (bought the plastic bushings already) and replace the weatherstrip then I can start looking at other tweaks. This may be the first performance car I've had where I leave the exhaust alone. It has a nice burble. Haven't checked the rear gear ratio but I might change that down the road.

I haven't had the top off yet but will do that soon. My wife enjoys the car and I think it still looks great after all these years. I wanted an LT1 since I had a lot of prior experience with that engine in 3 Trans-Ams and one Formula I owned; strong and reliable.

So, I'm enjoying the car and happy to be a Corvette owner!

Congrats on your new C4! You're off to a good start... now we need pix. ;)

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

Welcome to the CAC! Enjoy the LT1, and enjoy it OFTEN :D! Florida is a
great place to own and drive a Vette, I just wish there were More hills
and bends...........
Andy Anderson :w

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center...and congratulations on your new Corvette!!

Elaine

Welcome to the CAC from a former C4 owner (now a C5 and C6 owner). You will like the friendly group here. Nice looking vette - thanks for pics.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom