Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Corsa extreme exhaust installed

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
My gas mileage has suffered greatly since installing this exhaust. Down 10mpg. I love the sound and overall happy. Just wondering if this is common among others. Thanks.

You won't lose 10 mpg from installing an exhaust, unless there is something wrong with it.

Colder ambient temps (which can make a big difference) and putting your foot into the throttle more than in the past to hear the system is more likely the answer.

If there are no stored codes and the CEL is off you are fine.

You won't lose 10 mpg from installing an exhaust, unless there is something wrong with it.

Colder ambient temps (which can make a big difference) and putting your foot into the throttle more than in the past to hear the system is more likely the answer.

If there are no stored codes and the CEL is off you are fine.

Thanks for the reply. I was highway cruising, 6th gear, normal driving. 14mpg. What do you mean by CEL off?

Thanks for the reply. I was highway cruising, 6th gear, normal driving. 14mpg. What do you mean by CEL off?

Check Engine Light. 14 on the freeway is bad. Did you just do a cat back?

No aftermarket parts or engine work/tuning done?

Check Engine Light. 14 on the freeway is bad. Did you just do a cat back?

No aftermarket parts or engine work/tuning done?

No CEL. Cat back exhaust. No other mods. Standard tune-up, plugs, wires, filters etc. I did have to have the fuel level sensors replaced in both tanks due to in-op fuel gauge and CEL on. 88,000 miles. Car sat for the last 2 years (badly broken "clutch" foot and ankle and lack of funds)

No CEL. Cat back exhaust. No other mods. Standard tune-up, plugs, wires, filters etc. I did have to have the fuel level sensors replaced in both tanks due to in-op fuel gauge and CEL on. 88,000 miles. Car sat for the last 2 years (badly broken "clutch" foot and ankle and lack of funds)

Get some fresh fuel in your tank and drive 50-100 miles or so and see what your average mileage is, not instant mileage.

Was the exhaust installed before or after the 2-year period of non-op?

Have you taken LLC5's advice and filled the car with fresh gas then driven for 100 miles or so?

Was the exhaust installed before or after the 2-year period of non-op?

Have you taken LLC5's advice and filled the car with fresh gas then driven for 100 miles or so?

Exhaust was installed after the 2 year inactivity. Fresh gas recently. Probably drove close to 100 miles this past Sunday. Mpg reading is from average.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom