Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New DVD - The Fastest 50 Years

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
We had as a guest speaker at our monthly Southwest Corvettes club meeting today, Jim Birch of Motor Works Media, LLC. His company recently released a new DVD commemorating the fiftieth aniversary of the Corvette, and it appears to be a rather complete history including fashion, politics, music and "corporate intrigue", whatever that means. :L

This is supposedly, "The Ultimate History of The Corvette."
Buckle up for the definitive ride through the most amazing legacy in automotive history. Told with rare film and video clips - and stunning photos from GM’s vast archives, this is the only officially licensed DVD celebrating the Corvette’s 50th Anniversary.
  • 50 Year Timeline Interface
  • Packed with Pop Culture
  • Video Screensaver Included
  • Rare, Never-Before-Seen Footage
  • Historical Interviews

box_image.jpg

Motor Works Media, LLC. is located in the car captal of the world, Los Angeles, California. MWM has created a specialized niche in the consumer DVD and new media marketplaces by producing and publishing 'biographies' of cars, motorcycles, and boats.

The company is run by principals Jim Birch and Frank Laughlin. Mr. Birch is the Marketing Director of the company, while Mr. Laughlin is the Creative Director. They came together to combine their 40-plus years of production experience for clients that include General Motors, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Disney, Warner Bros., McDonald's and ARCO.

MWM has several titles in the pipeline, but continues to look for great subjects to build future titles around. Future titles include: Muscle Cars, GM Racing, Cadillac Country, Bel Air's Best, and Easyrider's Best.

For more information on this new DVD, visit The Fastest 50.com :CAC

Saw this in BestBuy the other day and came here to find out if it was worth it. I was very excited in the store, but I know that it has the potential to be a huge letdown.

Has anyone here purchased the DVDs? I'm very tempted, but the price is still a bit too steep at thirty some dollars for a college student to purchase. I'm sure I'll end up with it soon if I hear some reviews.

So, anyone? Any and all comments are appreciated!

Received as a b'day present in January - lot of footage I had not seen before, but a lot also rehash of footage from other films, etc.

Is it worth $30 or whatever - probably would not purchase myself for that price - maybe $20.00 I would

Daughter gave to me for valentines day. I think very good and very well done. Especially with the historical culture footage to put each series of Vette in historical perspective. Also found the vintage racing footage to be very good. The timeline on 2nd is a great touch also. Another nice addition to your corvevee library. Good for wives and daughters to see since they will not take the time to read the 50th annivaerary books. They can get the picture painlessly for a shortperiod of tube time.

Did anyone notice this?

Did anyone notice on this DVD that the narrator quoted one of the 1965 Corvettes with the 427 ci as doing 5.8 or something down the 1/4 mile? This was for one of the stock ones they sold. Thats similar to a 1000hp top fuel dragster.
As much as I would like to believe it I have a feeling that the narrator made a mistake and was really quoting the 0-60mph time.

I recently purchased this DVD. While I have not watched all of it, I was a little underwhelmed with it so far. Owning a '72, I first watched the C3 section. I saw some mistakes such as showing a '73 when refering to a '72. I enjoyed the vintage racing stuff. But to be honest I wished they had dropped the pop culture stuff and used the space for more old GM engineering-testing and design studio films. Maybe GM didn't give them access to this stuff?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom