Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Feature: C4/C5 Corvette EMT Run-Flat Tire Servicing

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
We've added a new section to the Knowledgebase entitled "C4/C5 Corvette EMT Run-Flat Tire Servicing". This four page article and related pictures come from Hunter Engineering.

Hunter Engineering Company is a world leader in automotive service equipment. Hunter Engineering Company, with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, offers state-of-the-art wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, brake lathes, tire changers, lift racks and brake testers. Hunter equipment is approved and used by vehicle manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, tire dealers and automotive service facilities around the world.

The Corvette Action Center would like to thank David Scribner, Product Manager, at Hunter Engineering for allowing us to use the information and pictures here.

We have a Hunter that we have to use and I hate it what you don't see in the picture is just how much effort you need to pull the tire up over the foot on the mechine which is made of plastic and brakes all the time. It also rides on the rim which is why we don't do the Mag. wheels unless the customer accepts the fact that the paint may chip while changing the tire. It's a real job to work with the runflat tires the chance of injury while doing it is much higher and if you don't have a good foot on the mechine you will never do it. So far I find the Firestones to be the hardest to work with. I'm hoping some day we can get a good tire mechine for doing them because my opinion is the Hunter is a real pain.

David Fulcher

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom