Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Gas Pedal

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
:wHow do you remove the pin on the factory gas pedal? I want to change it to a aluminum one, and I can't even see how the original pin is on there. I bet it will be pretty simple. Thanks:upthumbsScott:beer

I just did it recently. I pushed on it from the side closest to the console. On the side closest to the brake, the pin has a head on it. After getting it out a little i used pliers to pull it out. The real fu part is getting it back in. The problem is that when it goes bak in the spring thing that is behind it gets in the way of the pin going through the holes. I tried for a while and finally bent the spring some so that it could pass through. After i bent it the pin went through with no problem. Good luck.

Remove Gas Pedal

I just did it recently. I pushed on it from the side closest to the console. On the side closest to the brake, the pin has a head on it. After getting it out a little i used pliers to pull it out. The real fu part is getting it back in. The problem is that when it goes bak in the spring thing that is behind it gets in the way of the pin going through the holes. I tried for a while and finally bent the spring some so that it could pass through. After i bent it the pin went through with no problem. Good luck.

:wMy nephew came by over the weekend, he is a mechanic for the local Chevy dealer here. You are going to hate me for this, but he just removed the whole thing by taking a bolt out at the top of the entire gas pedal, put it on my work bench, had the pedal off in about 30 seconds, and put the new aluminum one, and installed the whole thing back in a flash, and I am up and running with my new one in about 10 minuets. I must have spent about an hour trying to get the gas pedal off by removing the pin with it in the car, and never did succeed. I was flabbergasted. Thanks for the reply, maybe this will help someone else down the line.:upthumbsScott:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom