Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 New LT4 Owner with some ?'s

1996 LT4 Topic

Chetzki

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT4 Coupe
Found what I was looking for: Torch Red LT4 Coupe. Got it 3 weeks ago and had to leave it over the holidays. I'm happy to be reunited.

What a Thrill!!!!! Now I have some general questions:

1. Dealer told me I had a Bose cassette system and I believed it. Should have done my homework. It does not say Bose on the cassette cover and my speakers do not have amplifiers. I'm wondering if they swapped it out and this is how I could tell: The driver's seat is powered, so it MAY have the preferred option group (Bose, power driver seat and electronic air control). Unfortunately, I do not know what the electronic air control looks like. Mine has the standard slide temperature control with red and blue bars. Can somebody tell me if I have two of the three items in the preferred option group? Base on another forum, sounds like I would be better off with another system anyway. I just want to know if they screwed me over!

2. I was able to reach up through my tag hole and felt the build sheet above the gas tank. The sheet is held tight between the band and the tank. Does anyone know a trick to getting the build sheet out?

3. I was planning on taking it to a mechanic for a check up. Any suggestions on what to look for. This car seems to have a lot of power. It blows my mind. My other V8 is on a Chevy 1500. No comparison.

Thanks,
Chetzki

Congrats on your new Vette.

From the description of the slide temperature controls, this is not the electronic air. The electronic air had a digital readout for temperature that you set. The system then automatically maintains this temperature.

The radio does not sound like it is the Bose but I am not sure. My '94 unit says Bose on the face of it but without going out to look at it I don't recall exactly where the badge is.

I will let someone with more knowledge on the other items answer the rest of your questions.

Welcome

JRMaroon - I think that answers question #1. My conspiracy theory won't extend to thinking they switched out the A/C controller and the stereo system. Looks like my dream machine came just with the driver powered seat option.

:BOW

1. The bose system says bose all over it. The rear speaker grills should say bose on them. If it didn't come with a bose system, _GOOD_. You'll have a much easier time upgrading to a real stereo.

2. The RPO codes are under the right rear cubby panel which is behind the passenger seat. This site has a listing of what all the RPO codes mean (though I'm not quite sure where). That should tell you everything about what this car was built with.

3. Check for any coolant leaks at the water pump. Since it's positioned over the optispark unit, any leaks will kill the optispark. Check the brake rotors and wheel bearings.

- Skant

Listenin' to the LT4 singin' is all the music you need........:D :D :D :D :D :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom