Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[New Members]: Posting Pictures and Formatting Text

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Uploading Attachments

You can upload a limited number of photos to the CAC. These photos are called attachments. You see them in a thread as thumbnails, which are enlarged when you click on them. (There is also a little more advanced way to link directly to them once they have been uploaded).

Attached photos must be 83K or less.

To upload a photo to the CAC:
Start a new post or reply to a thread.
Then scroll down to the additional options section and click on the Manage Attachments button.
You'll get a dialog box with a browse button- browse for the file on your hard drive, then click upload. Wait until it finishes....and you're all set.

If your file is too large, try this free resizing software.
www.irfanview.com
download link: http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
I still love that software and use it constantly.

This software by Microsoft is even easier to use. Once you install it, all you need to do is right click on an image file and select "Resize Pictures". To get your pictures down to avatar size, you'll need to select the "custom" button.
ImageResizer.exe
link to PowerToys (scroll down and look for the link to Image Resizer on the right of the page)

To resize using Irfanview software:
After you download it and install it, open your file, go to Image- Resize/Resample (about halfway down the Image menu) and select a max height or width of 800 pixels or less (it will change the other value for you).

Save it as a .jpg, and check the file size when you are done. It should be within the limits. If not, bump the numbers down a little.

Already got it, thanks

Can yo tell me how to attach the picture I uploaded to a post ? Is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks
Stosh

When you "Reply To Thread", or start one for that matter, there's an option below the reply box where you can "Manage Attachments." Click that button and import your image, but be aware of the size limitations imposed there. You'll see 'em. ;)

I think what Stosh means is how to get that very same photo in a different post?

If so, Stosh, I think you did it already in post #4. You clicked on the attachment, got the the bigger image, and then copied that (or did you copy the url) and pasted it into your post.

You can do that over and over again. Upload once, reference as many times as you want.

Tammy

Tammy,

Again you are the "Supreamo Moderator" but I am still a little confused about how the attachements are handled, but again I know just enough about computers to be dangerous!!! So I would bet I am the problem for sure!

Bill :w

Bill, send me an email with any specific problems you're having and I'll try to get you straightened out.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy with the offer and I will think about how to ask you what my paticular problem is. I can not ever handle the attachments right for some reason. Let me think :confused about how to put it into words.

Thanks again, your the best!

MsSchroder said:
Bill, send me an email with any specific problems you're having and I'll try to get you straightened out.

Tammy

how do i post a picture from my computer ( more specific my pictures) to a thread

younggun said:
how do i post a picture from my computer ( more specific my pictures) to a thread
Have you tried the steps to uploading attachments - post #2 of this thread?

Tammy

now if I follow the instructions in post #2 I will wind up with a full size picture in the post and not as a thumbnail on the bottom

If I read that right it would show up as an attachment thumbnail. The only way to link it, or make it show up as a picture in the thread is to have hosting software. I don't know if anybody does this for free or not, since I have space through comcast. I hope that answered your question.

Younggun-

The instructions in step #2 will give you a thumbnail that will enarge to the bigger version if you click it.

If you want a full size photo, there are a number of ways. One way is to click on the thumbnail to get the bigger version- and then copy the address of that and then link directly to it in other posts, using that little picture icon. It sounds crazy, but it works. Or, you could upload to the members gallery if you're a supporting member, and link to the full size photo that way. Or, try a place like http://www.villagephotos.com/. They have a free level of service which is actually not bad.
click here for pricing:
http://www.villagephotos.com/members/upgrade.asp

Tammy

Practice and testing photo attacments

View attachment 9592
Trying this photo on for size. Used the Microsoft image resizer from post # 2. Seems to work well for me.

:D Have to learn to use the spell checker !

Test

Hi everyone--just testing to see if it works---guess it did not work
Terry

My 2004 LeMans Edition

Finished-Left.jpg

I took this a couple of months ago at a local airshow. I flew the A-10 in the Air Force with the "Flying Tigers" and I bought this 2004 new. It was one of the last C-5's built, and currently has a little over 3,000 miles on it. It's a 6-Speed, with a number of aftermarket accessories.

George,
Cocoa Beach, FL

Finished-Left.jpg

I took this a couple of months ago at a local airshow. I flew the A-10 in the Air Force with the "Flying Tigers" and I bought this 2004 new. It was one of the last C-5's built, and currently has a little over 3,000 miles on it. It's a 6-Speed, with a number of aftermarket accessories.

George,
Cocoa Beach, FL

Just awesome! Vette bad, and the Wart Hog definently bad to the bone. . . . . . . . . .

A friend of mine was a warthog driver about ten years ago. He used to claim that he cold hold a city the size of Baltimore at bay for hours if he wanted to with nothing more that the firepower that his bird had.

"Bad to the bone" just about sums that up I think.

Nice looking C5 and a great contrast against the Warthog!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom