Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Owner Basic Questions

bobchess61

Corvette
2007 LS2 Coupe (Victory Red)
I recently purchased a very nice 07' Coupe, LS2, Z51 w/ the level 3 option package. I have some very basic questions that I'm sure can get handled here >>>

I have the OEM Goodyear Eagle tires. What air pressures do you run for "normal" driving?

The rear tires are original from 07' (the vehicle hit the dealer lot in June of 07'). The vehicle was garage kept in AZ. The tires have ample tread and no sidewall cracking >>> I'm sure the safest thing to do would be to change them out due to the age BUT is it necessary? (I will not be driving extremely fast). Finally, I have driven about 800 miles thusfar at freeway speeds w/ no issues upon close tire inspection.

Oil Change Interval >>> This vehicle was driven very little (12,400 miles when I purchased it). The original owner had his Chevy dealer service the vehicle apparantly changing the oil approximately every 6 months or so with low mileage on the Mobile 1. If the miles are low and the Oil Life indicator reads high oil life left such as 89% (as it does now) can I run it say a year or should I change it out every 6 months?

I live Las Vegas, NV >>> Regarding SERVICE >>> can anyone recommend the convenient and nearby "Ed Bozarth" Chevrolet or is there a private mechanic or another Vegas' dealer that would be the ticket?

Is there other basic advise for a new owner that you can relay? (ps I already have muscle relaxers for the facial muscle strain of smiling too much!).

Thanx, bobchess61 :thumb

Last edited:
I recently purchased a very nice 07' Coupe, LS2, Z51 w/ the level 3 option package. I have some very basic questions that I'm sure can get handled here >>>

I have the OEM Goodyear Eagle tires. What air pressures do you run for "normal" driving?

The rear tires are original from 07' (the vehicle hit the dealer lot in June of 07'). The vehicle was garage kept in AZ. The tires have ample tread and no sidewall cracking >>> I'm sure the safest thing to do would be to change them out due to the age BUT is it necessary? (I will not be driving extremely fast). Finally, I have driven about 800 miles thusfar at freeway speeds w/ no issues upon close tire inspection.

Oil Change Interval >>> This vehicle was driven very little (12,400 miles when I purchased it). The original owner had his Chevy dealer service the vehicle apparantly changing the oil approximately every 6 months or so with low mileage on the Mobile 1. If the miles are low and the Oil Life indicator reads high oil life left such as 89% (as it does now) can I run it say a year or should I change it out every 6 months?

I live Las Vegas, NV >>> Regarding SERVICE >>> can anyone recommend the convenient and nearby "Ed Bozarth" Chevrolet or is there a private mechanic or another Vegas' dealer that would be the ticket?

Is there other basic advise for a new owner that you can relay? (ps I already have muscle relaxers for the facial muscle strain of smiling too much!).

Thanx, bobchess61 :thumb

I would run the tire pressures that are recommended in the owners manual and check and set the pressures cold, not hot. My '98 runs the centers out of the rear tires if I don't lower them by 2-3 lbs from the door sticker, but I cannot say for sure that yours will.

You can easily go 1 year between oil changes.

Since you just bought the vehicle I think that it would be a good idea to call your local dealer's service department and give them your VIN number to have them check for any recalls or computer updates that may not have been done. Enjoy your new ride. :)

Welcome to the :CAC

We have 2 '07's. Both have original tires (one with 9k and the other with 22k). I keep the tire at 32 lbs. It would be a waist to change the oil every 6 months. I change every year. Have FUN and be SAFE.

Once a year is good enough on the oil change. I put 7K on my GS last year and changed out the filter at about 3500 miles. That is probably overkill but it made me feel better.....:D Welcome to Corvette world.....

Having lived in Phoenix for many years, I always tossed tires at 6 years. In more temperate climates you can go longer, but the desert heat bakes tires like an oven. Mine always turned to bricks at 5-6,000k miles. I could always tell, because they were hard as a rock and noisy. I kept the tires at 30 pounds on my 07Z.

Feedback >>>

>>> Thanks to you all for your advise :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom