Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Owner's VIDEO Available?

pgtr

Corvette
96Cpe
In 96 and perhaps other years I believe C4s came with a VHS video tape in the owner's portfolio that as I recall had some basic demos of maintenance and operation etc. Since VHS players are fast going the way of the dinosaur...

Q: Has anybody converted this to digital format for download or online viewing (like youtube)?

Thanks

Don't have the 96 version, but I converted my 94 to digital (DVD).

Owner's information

Yes! I have also been looking for the MY93 vhs tape or a digital copy of it to go with my owner's portfolio(?). Any suggeestions most welcome.

c

Found mine on Ebay.

In 96 and perhaps other years I believe C4s came with a VHS video tape in the owner's portfolio that as I recall had some basic demos of maintenance and operation etc. Since VHS players are fast going the way of the dinosaur...

Q: Has anybody converted this to digital format for download or online viewing (like youtube)?

Thanks

I have..had it done professionally back in 05' when I purchased her.Had a good looking case for it as well. gave them to anyone that wanted one for my cost. I believe it was about $20.00. I can call the company that made them for me and see if they can make more. I guess I shipped about 30-40 of them.Anyone interested Let me know and I'll check it out.

I have..had it done professionally back in 05' when I purchased her.Had a good looking case for it as well. gave them to anyone that wanted one for my cost. I believe it was about $20.00. I can call the company that made them for me and see if they can make more. I guess I shipped about 30-40 of them.Anyone interested Let me know and I'll check it out.
Yes-if the company will still make them I'd be very interested :thumb

Yes! I have also been looking for the MY93 vhs tape or a digital copy of it to go with my owner's portfolio(?). Any suggeestions most welcome.

c

To locate a OEM VHS C4 video, try contacting Jim Clemens Corvette.I received a brand new ’96 VHS model year video from him that was still in the original wrapper, mint condition. The video arrived in a timely manner and was well protected.

Jim Clemens Corvette
Quality Literature & Parts
1330 Canterbury Lane
Rockledge, FL 32995

phone: 321-639-8431
email: jimclemens@aol.com

Count me in if you can obtain any of them!

I have the 94 on DVD. PM me your address and I'll try to get one copied for you and send it out.

BTW your 94 is the same color combo as mine (except the official color is Torch Red)

Anyone else need copy of the 94? I am copying one for 70b5rt, I can make another pretty easy.

Toms94; I did look around on E-Bay for a while and left a request, no luck, but I am an anlog guy in this digital world, so ?????.

B17; However, B17 hit the nail on the head. I contacted Jim Clemens, he had what I wanted, a bit pricy, but he said it was neearly new. Total deal $80.00 but i finally got it so i am happy. He sent it out today 9/9/08 so we will see, but so far the experience is just as B17 indicated. Thank you so much for everyones help and suggestions.

What I found and bought on Ebay was the original VHS tape, I just converted it to DVD.

$80 seems a bit high to me, but as long as you're happy that's all that matters.:thumb

Toms94; I did look around on E-Bay for a while and left a request, no luck, but I am an anlog guy in this digital world, so ?????.

B17; However, B17 hit the nail on the head. I contacted Jim Clemens, he had what I wanted, a bit pricy, but he said it was neearly new. Total deal $80.00 but i finally got it so i am happy. He sent it out today 9/9/08 so we will see, but so far the experience is just as B17 indicated. Thank you so much for everyones help and suggestions.

Glad he had what you were looking for in stock. Let us know what you think of the video you receive!

B17Crew
:w

The 96' Tape is really good. Has Jeff Gordon Driving it on the Track.

Anyone else need copy of the 94? I am copying one for 70b5rt, I can make another pretty easy.

Tom... would you add another to the list for me? My first Vette was a '94 and although I don't have it anymore, I still have paperwork relating to it. A copy of the owner's DVD would be great!

If so, let me know and I'll shoot the info to you in a PM.

:wJane Ann

Ok folks, I got the my93 VHS tape last Friday (9/12/08). Then I had to find the VHS player. Who knew???? Finally sorted it out and hooked it up to an old TV which I also had to find (gosh, we have a lot of "stuff"). Tape was interesting. Production quality was somewhat less than I woudl have expected from GM. Some advertising, some good technical information, a little history. One really needs to watch it a number of times to catch all of the inferences and references. Clearly, this tape was done by automotive engineeers. I am not sure but the package came wrapped/sealed and looked like an original GM product.

I find the tape to be interesting and necessary to fully grasp the technological advances from earlier Vettes. I mean in comparision to the technolgy in my 65 it is really important to have this item. It was priced no more nor any less than similar products that J. Clemments had for sale so pricing was consistent. I still think the $80 bucks is a little high, on the other hand Jim had it, the transaction was easy, quick and it was delivered as specified. VERY PROFESSIONAL, and more importantly he actually had it in stock! So overall I consider it a fair value, by an honest vendor, with good service. You get what you pay for and I am a happy camper. Thanks again B17 for the lead.

I would livew to get a copy

Frank Garrod
406 se ashley oaks way
Stuart, Fl 34997
-
Let me know what you need,
one quick question is there a diiference in a 94 vid to a 95 video

I still think the $80 bucks is a little high, on the other hand Jim had it, the transaction was easy, quick and it was delivered as specified. VERY PROFESSIONAL, and more importantly he actually had it in stock! So overall I consider it a fair value, by an honest vendor, with good service. You get what you pay for and I am a happy camper. Thanks again B17 for the lead.

You’re welcome! Glad to hear that you are a satisfied with the tape.
It’s nice to have the video that came with the cars.

The pricing is up there, but you really do get what you pay for. As you mentioned, very professional and an honest vendor. It’s clear that Mr. Clemen’s takes care in his preparation and shipping of the material he sells.

B17Crew
:w

Frank Garrod
406 se ashley oaks way
Stuart, Fl 34997
-
Let me know what you need,
one quick question is there a diiference in a 94 vid to a 95 video

I can't say for sure, but I'd guess they are similar. I'll get one made for you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom