Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

new tire sensors will not work, why??

• Thread starter Thread starter dknjax
  • Start date Start date
D

dknjax

I have recently purchased a used 99 convetible. The previous owner upgraded the wheels to newer 2000 chrome vette wheels with new sensor. The local dealership could not get the sensors to work and everytime I start the car, it tells me check wheel sensors. Any ideas??
Thanks

If you or the dealer can't get the sensor relearn procedure to work it's possible that you have the incorrect sensors installed.

C5's have two different sensors, model years 97-00 and 01-04. You might try the "search" function to see if you can find pic's of the two diffent models.

Thanks everyone. Is there a particular sensor I need for a 99 with the 2000 style wheels on it for the sensors to work properly?

Purely a guess, but I'd go with the sensors made for the car, namely whatever is used in 1999.

Ron

I was told those would not work on the 2000 style wheel.

The old style sensors 97-00 will work. I'm running 2001 high polished wheels on my 98. Your sensors have to match the receiver thats in the car. In your case you need the old style sensors. They look different in appearance, but I don't know where a quick reference picture would be located. If someone has a pic of each, please post.

I have read that certain aftermarket tires, due to the type of belts they use, may cause the TPS not to work. Just a guess since I do not know for sure. Might be a starting point if they are not originals.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom