Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to the corvette family and need advice and help

James Jones

Corvette
1991 ZR1 red
My dad left me a 91 ZR1 when he passed, it sat up for 4 years before my brother tried to start it with bad gas. The car now misses really bad, has no power, gets hot, idles very fast, tacho not working, valve control not working and speedo not working. I had an injector clean performed and all of those things started working except the tacho, then after about 4 miles everything went back. I'm not an ace mechanic, but I do know some things and definitely not afraid to get in and get dirty. Please if anyone has some good advice other than get rid of it, hahaha, I really want it running the way the ZR1 is meant to run, thanks in advance

My dad left me a 91 ZR1 when he passed, it sat up for 4 years before my brother tried to start it with bad gas. The car now misses really bad, has no power, gets hot, idles very fast, tacho not working, valve control not working and speedo not working. I had an injector clean performed and all of those things started working except the tacho, then after about 4 miles everything went back. I'm not an ace mechanic, but I do know some things and definitely not afraid to get in and get dirty. Please if anyone has some good advice other than get rid of it, hahaha, I really want it running the way the ZR1 is meant to run, thanks in advance

That's awesome you want to get the car running smoothly vs dumping it in a sale. I suggest you post a thread on this on ZR-1 Net Registry Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I'm not knocking this forum, I just know a lot of helpful ZR1 owners contribute to that forum. They'll ask you for a list of all the diagnostic codes. Google how to pull them off the car w/o a code reader or get a reader for like $20-25.

Get a Service Manuel, you can find them on e-bay for about $100. If you have never changed the injectors that will be a must do. Check the fuel pressure. The ZR-1 also has two fuel pumps. Good luck

Thanx

Thank you for your help, I will take the advice given and post the results when I get that beast to roar again!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom