Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to the site, z06, but not cars at all..

ProfessorBlaze

Corvette
2001 z06
27 y/o, been driving 12 years and over 300k miles(not a truck driver just drive a lot)

I hope I am not the youngest on the site.
I am a SGT in the Army, been in 4 years and plan on retiring.
I am married almost 2 years, 5 year old daughter from previous relationship and I have dreamed of owning an american muscle car since I was a kid. I wanted a viper, being a dodge guy and all, but couldn't afford one. I read the reviews and watched all of the comparison vids and found the z06 was faster around a track, .3 slower in a straight line to 1/4 and much cheaper so I went with my second fav and I am so glad I did.

finally made the upgrade to a z06.
previous car 2003 dodge neon srt4 with a few mods. 13.5 car.
2001 z06, Torch Red with all black interior. 68k on the ticker.
So fast and handles very well.
I will gets more pics up in august '10 when I get back from Afghanistan.
I bought the car when I went home on leave cause I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up.

I will be doing a lot of searching before I ask questions and I vow to not say random dumb shit (been on forums a while so i understand how it works)

-Dustin
38206620010_large.jpg

First of all, welcome to the :CAC This is a great place with lots of good people. Second, congrats on the new ride:beer Third, thank you for your service :pat

Welcome to the forum Dustin. :w Congratulations on your Z06.
Thanks for your service to our Country. Keep your head down.
I retired from the USAF after 22 years back in Dec 89.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

how often are there events in the NW? I will be back in the summer time 2010 and would love to meet n greet to pick up new contacts, pointers, and stare at some nice cars.

welcome to cac. can't wait to see pictures.
until then be safe
silver1

Welcome to the CAC!

Asking dumb questions is my specialty. :chuckle But people around here are gracious enough to let me do my thing.

But feel free to jump in for me. ;LOL

:w
-Stefan

Sarge welcome

Welcome to the cac, hope you enjoy. Congrats on your z06, thanks for all you guys do.....................................Billy

had the wife snap some pics of the car, and found some pics while it was at the dealorship.
38206620001_large.jpg

38206620002_large.jpg

38206620003_large.jpg

38206620005_large.jpg

38206620006_large.jpg

38206620007_large.jpg

38206620008_large.jpg

38206620009_large.jpg

382066200010_large.jpg
38206620010_large.jpg

382066200011_large.jpg
38206620011_large.jpg

382066200012_large.jpg
38206620012_large.jpg

and the exhaust waiting for me at home..
BorlaSP1.jpg

BorlaSP3.jpg

BorlaSP2.jpg

Nice ride!:thumb

27 y/o, been driving 12 years and over 600k miles(not a truck driver just drive a lot)

I hope I am not the youngest on the site.
I am a SGT in the Army, been in 4 years and plan on retiring.
I am married almost 2 years, 5 year old daughter from previous relationship and I have dreamed of owning an american muscle car since I was a kid. I wanted a viper, being a dodge guy and all, but couldn't afford one. I read the reviews and watched all of the comparison vids and found the z06 was faster around a track, .3 slower in a straight line to 1/4 and much cheaper so I went with my second fav and I am so glad I did.

I bought the car when I went home on leave cause I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up.

I will be doing a lot of searching before I ask questions and I vow to not say random dumb shit (been on forums a while so i understand how it works)

-Dustin
38206620010_large.jpg

Welcome Sgt Dustin....I've walked in your boots-well-kinda-sorta....I was a SSg when left Army....been out for awhile now....congrats on your first Vette.....glad you chose Corvette....ever watch ALMS Racing (American LeMans Series which culminates at LeMan, France)???? FYI, Viper did not hold candle to Corvette Racing...no joke.....Ask Porsche, Ferari etc....Vette dominated the last decade....anyway welcome and look-out while overseas....

I am going to have it detailed when I return home, then get the good camera out for some high-res pics. I will have those up in aug/sep range.

also talking with another member on here about getting the header/hfc's. full exhaust.. mmmm.

I am having my wife video the track school too. I can't wait. coming home is going to be amazing. under 50 days. hahaha.

thanks for all of the comments everyone. there are so many nice z06's on this site, it is flattering to get so many comments.

-Dustin

Welcome to the group Dustin, glad you've joined us; choice looking Vette :thumb

Bill :w

Welcome to the CAC.

Thanks so much for serving.

Kill a terrorist for me.

Thanks For Your Service To This Great Country. . . USA

Me too Dustin
:r:r
Bill :pat

Just bought #25 of 25 Stealth Light Cannon's.
38206620019_large.jpg

and a Delrin Shift knob.
38206620020_medium.jpg

can't wait to get home and install everything!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom