Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: New VATS key...

CROOZ1N

Corvette
1993 Torch red coupe
OK, I bought a couple of new keys with the correct resistance chip in them to have spares cut before I loose my only set. I went to Advance to get them cut but instead of risking one of my VATS keys to check I had them cut a non VATS key to check and see if it would at least turn the lock cylinder. It will not.

Is that because of a bad cut, difference in the key or because it is a NON VATS key. To my eye the cut looks good but there is a slight difference in the back end of the blank.

go to a real locksmith. VATS keys are too expensive to practice on...

OK, I bought a couple of new keys with the correct resistance chip in them to have spares cut before I loose my only set. I went to Advance to get them cut but instead of risking one of my VATS keys to check I had them cut a non VATS key to check and see if it would at least turn the lock cylinder. It will not.

Is that because of a bad cut, difference in the key or because it is a NON VATS key. To my eye the cut looks good but there is a slight difference in the back end of the blank.

I've always paid a little extra at the Chevy dealership to have these keys cut. So far they have been 100% right the first time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom