Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie looking for a good corvette shop in Delaware

Jkot55

I just took ownership of my first Corvette, a 1969 350/350 numbers matching. I do not know a lot about the car or it's history so to address the mechanicals and those items that make the car drivable and usable with some level of reliability I would like to have it checked out. I live in Delaware just south of Dover and would like to know if anyone here can recommend a good shop in my area.

Thank you

JK

Welcome! While it would be great to have access to a Corvette guru, they are few and far between. Some who claim to be experts are something less than experts/....that's the bad news. The good news is the Vette is a Chevy, and nor really that complicated or unique. Any really good mechanic should have no trouble with almost any issue. If you brought a factory shop manual for him to reference, you'd be gold.

Back to the question at hand: contact the local chapter of the National Corvette Restorers Society (Google is your friend) and get a reference from a couple members, or maybe attend a meeting. Those guys are noted Corvette nerds who know almost everything about older Vettes, and know where to go if they don't know. Good luck, and enjoy the ride.

Thank you for the suggestions. I would not have thought about the NCRS for a reference. Great idea.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom