Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Newest member of the "Flying roof Club"!

Bills03Coupe

Corvette
2003 Torch Red Coupe
Driving along about 30 MPH this morning and suddenly hear a "Woosh", look in my rear view and see my top panel flipping through the air!
Seems I got distracted while installing my roof panel and forgot to clamp it down! Looks to be damaged beyond repair, so I'm looking for a replacement if anyone has one for Sale,
Torch Red would be great, but any color would work as long as it not damaged. Live in Southern California, so local pick-up would be best, but will consider all!
Thanks!
Bill

I almost joined the flying roof club myself a couple of days ago. Seems that I had a rattle I couldn't pin down after touching the headliner in various spots. Turned out that the 4 locating pin bolts on the targa had worked loose...a quick ratcheting on them solved my rattle.

Sorry to hear about your bad stroke of luck...hope you find a replacement soon :thumb

Had that happen to me with a 79 I had......reached up to try and adjust a T-top while going 70 mph........lucky no one was behind me.....I don't know what I was thinking.....obviously I wasn't thinking........:chuckle

That just sucks...I hope that is one club I NEVER join.

Flying tops ?

The first few years of the C5 this happened a lot, I mean a really often. But over time folks learned that it was good insurance to just reach up and make sure the top latch was locked before hitting the road. I have a 2003 coupe and I'm sorta embarrassed to say I've never had the top off my car. I know you guys are saying how foolish I am, but when I got first car in the sixties, well you had two choices with a Corvette, and most all ofther cars for that matter, a Coupe or a Convertible. That was it. I had a C4 and the only time I had the top off was to replace the headliner. I had a C3 and the T- tops on that critter were so impossible to get properly fastened down they too, stayed on. But a "Targa" just doesn't do anything for me. My 2003 has a blue glass top and it doesn't leak water of air so why fool with somethings that's not a problem. but that's just me. :w

Hate to here that

Driving along about 30 MPH this morning and suddenly hear a "Woosh", look in my rear view and see my top panel flipping through the air!
Seems I got distracted while installing my roof panel and forgot to clamp it down! Looks to be damaged beyond repair, so I'm looking for a replacement if anyone has one for Sale,
Torch Red would be great, but any color would work as long as it not damaged. Live in Southern California, so local pick-up would be best, but will consider all!
Thanks!
Bill
I believe I saw one listed on Ebay a few days ago.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom