Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nice Surprise

TJay

Corvette
1972 Yellow Coupe
Our local NAPA store was having it's yearly car show, so I decided I'd take the 79 Corvette (anything but stock) spend a few hours drooling over all the awsome cars, shoot the breeze with a few of the owners. Low and behold at the end of the show, they tell me I won the first place trophy for "Peoples Choice Award". It was a nice way to end a great day, and to have won a trophy picked by everyday folks and not show Judges made it even more special.

Way 2 go!:upthumbs

There just something about a yellow vette, Eh?

~Chas:w

congrats!!!!!!!!very nice!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

It has to be the color because no matter how hard I try I can't even win a damn door prize! This past weekend I entered into a local show of about 145 vehicles. Several door prizes and raffles. 40 damn trophies and not one of the eight corvette's were selected. I always have a good time and meet new intresting people but it get's to be little frustrating sometimes. Ah, maybe someday. I did manage to meet a gentleman who has a 1970 corvette small block that has been sitting in his garage for 24 years. He is ready to sell. Apparently, it is all original and he is the second owner. I am definately going to check this out...

1st Place!

Hi TJay, Congratulations, that's got to make you feel so proud!
I enjoy and try to attend as many car shows as I can, and your right, it's great to see the work and time and money that other people have put into there cars. To take home a "Peoples Choice Award" is something special. That should make you enjoy your car even more. PG

Congrats on the award. I hang out with a bunch of boulevard cruiser old guys. In their world " a Vette is a Vette is a Vette". No appreciation of the nuances. If it ain't a "muscle car" or a hot rod , it ain't cool.

Thanks everyone, for me it's about the friendship's made with other car owner's. A trophy just recognizes all our time, effort and money spent to save these older cars for the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom