Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NO C7 until 2015 (Earliest) If at all...

S

simbadb

GM is in Bad,Bad Shape.

It will be a sad day when Corvette as a Model is discontinued or sold.

Corvettes have been long "overproduced."

It is like 1992, all over again... Drag the old model along a few year, slash production... :w

GM has more important things to worry about then the next vette.They may not be around next year,never mind 2015!:eek:hnoes

Better buy a 2008 model Corvette. Could it be the last year????

The 2015 corvette may be under the Toyota name. Somehow a japanese corvette might just be another ricer.
Barrett

I'll have to pass on a Toyota Corvette. That don't even sound right.

Would a Toyota Corvette be made in Bowling Green? :w
My parents bought a Camry years ago because it was recommended by the AARP. If you could get the AARP to do the same for the Corvette the sales would triple. :)

Sure hope they get to stay Chevy Corvette.

I think 2015 is about right for the earliest date we will see a new generation corvette...(given current economic climate)

I believe it will be government regulations that eventually cause GM to recreate the corvette...

Till that time....I believe GM will continue to evolve the current model.

if my 2 cents were worth anything...I'd suggest GM just create a wide body base coupe and vert....get rid of the scoops of the Z06...throw on a set of wide wheels and tires...and if we're really lucky...add direct injection to the ls3 and call it a day..

In my opinion...the wide body alone would make sales strong enough that discounts would not be needed for another 3 years to move sales of new corvettes..

Slap on direct injection for better performance (465hp from a direct injection ls3 seems to be a reasonable estimate) and fuel economy and GM could probably go another 2 years....

thats 5 years of evolutionary changes that would keep corvette sales without subsidizing them with discounts...

GM offers the upgraded interior as a 4lt option...

Want to bet if they offered the wide body option...for 5 grand...everyone would buy it?

just shooting the breeze but what do you guys think? l

Would those basic easily implemented changes keep the corvette sales strong for the next 5 years?

Whats your opinion?

the libs who are now in charge of the american car industry do not want any cars the burn fossil fuel because as that stupid senator from nevada said,"fossil fuels like coal and oil are making us sick" and with govt controlled health care just around the corner they will not want fossil fuel used to cause more sickness and means more cost.

The UAW just might "kill the goose that lays the golden eggs." I hope the UAW doesn't see the tax payer as another source of money to take from. We have uncertain times ahead. Years ago, the words "bankruptcy" and "GM" would never have been spoken in the same sentence, but here we are with that very possibility. I certainly don't want GM to go away, nor do I want Chrysler or Ford to fold either. I firmly believe that competition is good for the breed. Without this competition, I fear that quality will suffer.

At this point I'm not convinced its the UAW being a big factor in GM's troubles...

Basically the last contract that was negotiated was pretty fair to both parties..

I beleive GM just needs to get to 2010 for a portion of the UAW contract go into greater effect....

Rumors abound that Saab, Hummer, Pontiac are pretty much on their own........meaning the advertising budgets will be small to none and new products are pretty much a non event for the forseeable future...

The few vehicles in the pipeline for those brands mentioned above....might or might not make it to the showrooms....but for the most part its a winding down and /or selling off...

Saturn is also said to be on the cutting board for no new product and or a possible sale...

Cadillac, GMC, Chevy and buick are the brands being fortified for future successes..

As far as the low volume halo corvette in its next generation? I'd have to say ranking this on a priority basis is about as far down as could be...IMO b ecause the c6 really is class leading in almost every aspect....so I don't see the general working to move to a new corvette model....anytime too soon...

Direct injection...and a wide body kit as a production option.. for the coupe and convertible would go a LONG way toward strengthening (SP) new Corvette sales....IMO

I don't personally think we will see a NEW C7 totally redesigned corvette until the C6 chassis or engine no longer meets government regulations....

the libs who are now in charge of the american car industry do not want any cars the burn fossil fuel because as that stupid senator from nevada said,"fossil fuels like coal and oil are making us sick" and with govt controlled health care just around the corner they will not want fossil fuel used to cause more sickness and means more cost.

And you forgot of course the GOP policy of hand off and no regulation so many people will not be able to afford a Corvette anyway.

Can I ask why the word "libs" always makes its way into these threads? They have not been running the country in the last 8 years. And in the last 28 years only 8 of those were under Democratic WH control. When Clinton took office the DOW was at just at 3,241 points. When he left it was 10,588. It was just over 8,000 when the Shrub left office. Did the party in power do anything to stop the financial meltdown over the last 18 months? Not until the economy failed was anything done.

And what about now? The current party in power wants to bail out the Big three but the minority party, while still in power forced conditions on them meant to try Union Busting. None of those conditions were forced on the Wall Street crowd, just the main street crowd. Not one GOP vote on the stimulas package. Not one! So much for reaching across the aisle in an attempt to put partisan ploitics behind us and get the country what it needs to heal.

Here are some simple facts for those that want numbers:

As the Republican economic plan focuses once again exclusively on tax cuts for the rich, it is helpful to have a few simple facts at your disposal. Here’s a summery of 10 key economic measures under a Republican vs. Democratic presidency. Sometimes the facts just speak for themselves.

1. Jobs
Total Manufacturing
August 2008: 137.5 mil 13.4 mil
2000: 131.8 mil 17.3 mil
1992: 110.8 mil 16.8 mil
The Clinton economy produced about four times the number of new jobs (21 million) as the Bush economy (5.7 million). Manufacturing jobs have fallen precipitously under Bush after growing under Clinton.

2. Income
Real Per-Capita Income
2007: $26,804
2000: $26,905
1992: $21,497
That’s a decline under Bush following very steady growth under Clinton. Note that economists use the term “real” to mean that the figure has been adjusted for inflation.

3. Economic Growth
Real GDP growth
Jan 2001-June 2008: 2.3 percent
Jan 1993-Jan 2001: 3.6 percent
So much for the fiction that tax cuts lead to economic growth.

4. Budget Deficit/Surplus
2008: $389 billion deficit (projected by White House)
2000: +$236 billion surplus
1992: $290 billion deficit
And so much for the fiction that tax cuts increase tax revenues.

5. Gas Prices
Average price of a gallon of regular unleaded
September 8, 2008: $3.64
January 20, 2001: $1.45
January 20, 1993: $1.06

6. Stock Market
Dow Jones Industrial Average
September 8, 2008: 11,511
January 20, 2001: 10,588
January 20, 1993: 3,241
That’s an annual return of 1 percent under Bush vs. 16 percent under Clinton.

7. Unemployment Rate
August 2008: 6.1 percent
Jan 2001: 4.2 percent
Jan 1993: 7.3 percent
After over a 40 percent reduction in unemployment under Clinton, things have taken a serious turn for the worse under Bush.

8. Poverty
Fraction of Americans living below poverty line
2007: 12.5 percent
2000: 11.3 percent
1992: 14.8 percent
After declining precipitously under Clinton, poverty is again on the rise under Bush.

9. Dollar
September 8, 2008: 0.707 Euros
January 20, 2001: 1.070 Euros
That’s a loss of a third of the value of the dollar under Bush.

10. Inflation
Annual rate of inflation
July 2007-July 2008: 5.7%
Jan 2001-July 2008: 3.1%
Jan 1993-Jan 2001: 2.6%
After nearly twenty years of stable prices, inflation is back with a bang as Bush leaves office.

Sources:
1. ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt
2. Census Bureau: Census Bureau Home Page
3. Bureau of Economic Analysis: U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) - bea.gov Home Page
4. Congressional Budget Office: http://www.cbo.gov/budget/data/historical.pdf
US Treasury: United States - Department of The Treasury - Homepage
5. Energy Information Administration: http://www.eia.doe.gov
6. Yahoo Finance: finance.yahoo.com
7. Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://data.bls.gov
8. Census Bureau: Census Bureau Home Page
9. Oanda.com: http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory
10. Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://data.bls.gov

what?

Koimaster, I thought this was a thread about the new Corvette. How in the SAM HILL does your mind work? You had to have been a 1st Lt.:eyerole

And you forgot of course the GOP policy of hand off and no regulation so many people will not be able to afford a Corvette anyway.

That is right, everyone deserves a Corvette, if they can afford it or not. Just like te joys of home ownership.

The newsflash is that extending credit to people that could not and should not get it is what has caused this problem. I am glad they at least pulled that idiotic idea from this current bill, the idea that people can write off interest expense on a NEW car loan. Why not give the people that dont need a loan a tax credit and thus encourage savings not spending?????

Also the Bush tax credits were working fine. The problem was expenses were greater than revenues and if you run a business you know that is a problem. Bush was more of a Big Gov. democrat than he was a small gov. Conservative. That is just my opinion however.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom