Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No dash functions/service traction control

rharule

Corvette
2000 Black Roadster
I have a 2000 roadster 16,000 miles, I started it up and had no dash fuctions, no clock, windows didn't operate, guages weren't working or the heater or radio. I drove it about a 1/4 mile shut it off for 5-10 minutes started it back up and everything worked windows, clock, radio etc. Then I noticed a "service traction control" message and the traction contol sillouette was lite on the dash. I drove it for a few miles, with the message still apparent, I turned off the traction control system, turned it back on and the message went away. The vehicle has been at Auburn Chevrolet since last Thursday and they're perplexed. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi, Rharule. You had duplicate threads, so I merged them and deleted the duplicate post. Good luck with finding an answer.

-Patrick

The wiring harness in the doors are notorious for this problem. It mostly occurs in the drivers door.

http://brookins.us/2kcorvette/door connector.jpg

http://brookins.us/2kcorvette/door connector close up.jpg

The wire with the clear plastic sheath is the data comm line for all of the computers in the car. I has a nasty habit of touching metal things around it.

I solved this by buying 1/2in. plastic wire loom from Home depot and ran it as far in both directions then taped very well with electrical tape at the connectors. No reoccurances in over a year. :)

He has a loss of communications and normally, the door connector will only affect that single door.
Sounds like the entire communicatons line is down.
Allthebest, c4c5

Not trying to argue but that is not true. It took out all of the computers - because the comm line is not isolated between modules. I was on the freeway the first time it happened to me my dash lit up like a christmas tree.

Hi there,
Shorting to a metal piece means only the Apillar, if its not correctly retained in the square plug.
That does happen, although, NOT as much as the line being disconnected at the pass through.
Allthebest, c4c5

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom