Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NO one knows the answer to this Question

S

Shadowing1985v

when i bought my 85 it didn't come with a vaccume damper on my emission lines
here is a picture this thing really does exist
i can't buy one
i have looked everywhere

please help
got this out of my haynes book page 4-14

Your friendly local Chevrolet dealer should be able to get that part for you, that's where I got one for my '87. :confused

_ken

how much did it cost

what does this damper do anything does it affect anything having it off...

You can pick one up at almost any parts store for about $3. Look in the "Help" product line. I broke mine while rearranging some vacuum lines but had no problem finding one. How are your lines tied together if the check valve is missing?
[RICHR]

umm

thats what i can't figure out

now that i look at this

i think i have a vaccume line missing

cuase u got the 3 way

that attaches to the TPI

but that vaccume damper,, is that a 3 way vaccume damper?

cause i don't havea ny hoses that connect to that

should i have something a 3 way there at the damper

the hose i don't have is hte one that goes from the damper towards the fire wall on that diagram everyone look at that
what does that hose go to?? i will go look at the diagram on my radator case under my hood. help me if u guy's know

Ok, from what I remember (my Vette's in the shop). One side goes under the intake to the passenger side. One side disappears down by the base of the firewall, I think to the cruise control. And I think the other side goes towards the front of the intake to a vacuum switch by the thermostat.
[RICHR]

wow

yeah, im missing that hose..

wierd,, now i need to figure this out

umm

cruise control is over my battery
so i don't think ti goes there

i don't even have a hose at all for this

sigh, i will look into this

I've been looking though my service manual and can't find anything on vacuum lines (they're there, I'm sure; just can't find them). Looking at that picture again, it looks different than my car. That's up by the throttle body, right? I have a totally different (much larger) vacuum switch under the TB, with that three-way check valve back almost under the distributor (and yes, one of the vacuum lines goes over towards the battery and cruise control). When I get my car back, I'll look at it again. However, you can still get that valve at most any auto parts store, and hard plastic vacuum line is cheap (although some people here switch any hard line that breaks to the soft pliable kind).
[RICHR]

hmm

i have looked

everyone look at this picture again

look at the line that goes between my fuel rails and towards my firewall

please people here that owns L98 engines go out and look on your car so i can see where that goes too

Well , My 85's original (early build) and I don't have a check valve there just a T one line goes back under the Throttle body to the EGR sol and the othe goes front to the carbon canister for the fuel vapor purge. right behind the bumper.

thank u

thats what i wanted to know

i have the 85 too
now i know, thanx man

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom