Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Non-pop up Headlights & other mods

While I am not into bra's it looks good and sounds great. How long of a job was the header install ?

I like it all. I'm not usually into bras either but this is the second one of these I've seen recently and they look good. You've got a nice car.

Mike

not crazy about the bra..but its good protection. headlights look most excellent!!!!!

Thanks guys,

The headers only took about 2 hours. Including the clearancing of the mounting holes especially near #5. I did have a head start I had most of the old out to run a new shifter cable. The old manifolds were all that was left. Got rid of them and all the Air pump BS.

The bra is just temporary till I can get a new paint job. It hides two very noticible chips "chunks" near the passenger driving light and side marker/turn signal.

:w

I wanna know more about the quarter stick install.

ZumZum said:
I wanna know more about the quarter stick install.

It was actually pretty easy. Remove all the center console pieces. Remove and disconnect the stock shifter. There is a divot where the stock shifter rides. I used a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate, mounted the shifter to it and then drilled holes to use the original mounting holes. Actually the way it was positioned I could only get three of the four bolts to line up, but its very secure. The shifter comes with one micro switch for the Neutral saftey switch, I happened to have another just like it for use as the Back up lights. The Hurst mount has provisions for the second switch and it slid right in. The biggest PITA was getting the three screws that hold the plate where the shift cable penetrates. The switches were jumpered to the factory Shifter switch. The Neutral Saftey is the large Purple wire the common was a large White w/ black stripe(? I think ... it was the other large wire). The Back Up lights were dark Blue and Light Green as the common, they were the next two wires in order on the connector. The other two wires on the connector are for the hatch release, wired like the Neutral saftey switch, so you can only pop the rear hatch in Park or Neutral. Now just button it all back up.

Well, you asked for opinions, so...

I don't like the headlights or your gear shift, they both look kooky. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. On the other hand, I love that aluminum radiator.

tyrel said:
I don't like the headlights or your gear shift, they both look kooky. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. On the other hand, I love that aluminum radiator.

Thanks brahdah thats exactally what I was looking for :upthumbs the Kooky Haole that I am. Most has been done out of necessity ... maybe with a twist. I hated the stock lighting and got tired of replacing Hella lenses due to cracks / chips. Not to mention rebuilding the durn motors, still got one that occasionally doesn't roll all the way, after a second rebuild.

I knew I wouldn't please everybody but like you said I'm happy with it. :D

Pretty slick ride hrtbeat1. Also not a fan of the bra but totally dig the lights and your setup under the hood. Where did you pick up the air filter by the way?

92conv said:
Pretty slick ride hrtbeat1. Also not a fan of the bra but totally dig the lights and your setup under the hood. Where did you pick up the air filter by the way?

Thanks for your comments. It's a K&N 1000 CFM cone picked up from either Jeg's or Summit can't remember which. The only thing is my car is a Speed Density ... I don't have a MAF ... so on the end of the ThrottleBody works. You would have to figure some way to get the MAF in the airstream. I have heard that the cone on the end of the TB reduces HP due to inlet air temp, I will verify/debunk this when I get some dyno time. (maybe September)

tyrel said:
Well, you asked for opinions, so...

I don't like the headlights or the gear shift either. To each there own as they say. If your happy with it that's what counts.

Peter

Crucifix said:
I don't like the headlights or the gear shift either. To each there own as they say. If your happy with it that's what counts.

Peter

Thanks for your input. Right you are .... as long as I'm happy with it. Just wanted some honest opinions, which I've gotten, Thanks again guys.

So far more postive than negative, but that could change very easily with this bunch :D especially with the number of views compared to replies. Maybe they were being nice and didn't want to hurt my feelings. Really its OK, I asked for it.

Hey, with those lights it STILL looks better than the C6!!! ;LOL

92conv said:
Hey, with those lights it STILL looks better than the C6!!! ;LOL

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

Now is that in the positive or negative stack? :confused

With the TPIS headers what codes are you throwing since they do not have the air inlets for number 3,4,5, 6, cylinders?

Wamp said:
With the TPIS headers what codes are you throwing since they do not have the air inlets for number 3,4,5, 6, cylinders?

Actually none of the cylinders have air inlets. I ordered the headers without them. I have no, zero, nada, codes dislayed or stored. Fixed it in the chip.

Silveradojoe said:
I really like the look of those headlights. If the kit wasn't so costly, I would seriously consider the change for my 88.

When I first got them I was surprised, there wasn't a whole lot to them. The most difficult parts would be the black inner cover and the formed lexan top cover. The actual mounting brackets are just some welded up aluminum.

Once they were installed I was really amazed at the difference in lighting. Even going to these from the Hella H4 lenses and bulbs. I had to adjust the beam pattern a little, thats where the unnoticed little things became appreciated. There are two adjustment screws and these things are nice machined pivots. The adjustments took a little while .... I kept going the wrong way :duh Once I got that straight man they really light up the road, plus I don't get any flashes from oncoming traffic ... I did occasionally with the Hellas .... much to somes dismay when they found out I didn't have my brights on.;)

Members of that other forum get a 10% discount if you mention it every little bit helps.

Amazing - Let me know when you are back (or if you are just down the road and I have not passed ya on the highway lately).

Show ya my C5 since Susan took the C4 back from me - hahaha

Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom