Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Non Vette driving pointy head engineer

tomgok

Corvette
76 L-48,coupe
Just had to vent. Who ever thought it would be a good idea to put a side post battery in a battery box behind a seat? Ever try to jump start or just disconnect a battery terminal? WTH.:mad

The alternative would be to create a connector with a 90 degree turn in it which would be pretty awkward too. My objection was always that the battery is behind the driver as opposed to the passenger. From a weight distribution perspective, there's always going to be a driver… so why not put the weight of the battery on the opposite side?

Mac

...Just had to vent. Who ever thought it would be a good idea to put a side post battery in a battery box behind a seat? Ever try to jump start or just disconnect a battery terminal?...

Why ask why? It's a forty year old car. :)

The alternative would be to create a connector with a 90 degree turn in it which would be pretty awkward too. My objection was always that the battery is behind the driver as opposed to the passenger. From a weight distribution perspective, there's always going to be a driver… so why not put the weight of the battery on the opposite side?

Mac

The entire engine, transmission and driveshaft assembly is offset to the passenger side to suit the differential input, having the battery on the drivers side helps negate the penalty.

The entire engine, transmission and driveshaft assembly is offset to the passenger side to suit the differential input, having the battery on the drivers side helps negate the penalty.
There ya go… I learned something today!! I hate to admit this but I've only sat in the passenger's seat of a Corvette once and I didn't notice it was smaller.

Mac

I've never had any problem jumping my '82 with it's side post battery but it's imperative you use a good set of jumper cables like Christie makes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom