Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Normal Idle?

• Thread starter Thread starter ltmark
  • Start date Start date
L

ltmark

I have an '85 L98, 114,000 mi., that I'm getting back on the road after sitting in the garage for a few years. I'm getting it ready for paint and have been going through the electrical, fixing broken connectors, etc., etc., etc. It seems to be running great, but the idle wavers from 550 to 590 and just won't settle to a specific rpm. Is this within the norm, or should I be looking for a constant 550?

I've done all the TPS, IAC settings according to the shop manual etc. I've cleaned the throttle body, new wires, plugs and everything to try and settle it down. It runs great in all other aspects and actually idles pretty smooth to the touch, but it just seems to continually searching a little bit. Sometimes, it will jump from 550 to 800 just for a few seconds when idling and then come right back down to 550 or so. Should I be able to get it to a constant idle reading? I know the Shop manual says 450 in Drive, but that seems a little low to me.

Also, is there any one specific spot where a vacuum reading can be taken to see if that may be the problem? Thanx for any comments......

My mistake

Sorry...I misread the heading and thought this was technical for C4+...Maybe that's why I can't fix my idle!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom