Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Norther VA owners: Where do you take your car?

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
89x2 gave me the inside line on taking his B2K to Koons Tyson's Chevy for inspections. I'll give them a call about my emissions test, though they aren't that close to me. I know there are several NOVA folks here. Where do you take your cars that you trust?

Also, what places have you taken your wheels to for tires that didn't scratch them up, that can do road-force balances, and that will use inner-surface wheel weights?

Thanks for any insight! I've also considered the Ferrari/Maserati dealer in Dulles because they are close and they are probably careful about griming up paint and interiors and such.

I live in Arlington, and have bad experiences with all the local shops. Heritage sucks, Rosenthals sucks, Criswell sucks, and the one in fairfax is a rip off. I would suggest taking the hike out to Tony's corvette shop in Gaithersberg, he is expensive, but they do it right the first time and have a long successful track record.

Thanks for the feedback! In the past, Criswell treated my 1987 ok. But that was years ago... Lamborghini pulled their franchise apparently due to customers lack of satisfaction. Ferrari/Maserati of Washington is now the area Lambo dealer. I actually took my car there for the emissions inspection (a Gaithersburg shop can't perform this) and they were very careful with it. But I'll keep it in mind if I ever need any repairs performed that I can't handle (I can do the small stuff).

In fact, when the tech popped the hood, about 4 other mechanics gathered around and were poking around at the engine. They said they'd never seen an overhead cam Chevy motor before. I also was amused that my car was right next to a 1989 328GTS. Both our cars were red with a black beltline, retractable headlights, black targa top, etc. But that car made 260hp, and had an asking price of $62,000 on it! Of course it's mid-engined and a Ferrari. The interior had more leather but less features. But the contrast was something. My car was 1/3 of the price and would crush that thing (assuming equally skilled drivers were piloting them, i.e. not me).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom