Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

O-ring sealed pistons and orig calipers

R

red74

Does anyone know if those new o-ring sealed pistons will drop into my original calipers?

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Buy NEW calipers

Unless you have sleeved ones.

Mike

ChuckG

Corvette
63FI, 69BB
I put the O ring pistons in the SS sleeved calipers on my 69. I would assume that if your caliper bores are good...not pitted or scored, that they should fit in the standard non sleeved caliper bores too. I assume you're doing this to alleviate "air pumping" back into the system, and not to stop leakage. Hope this helps. Chuck

R

red74

Thanks vigman, ChuckG for the info.

I am doing this for the cavitation/air pumping reason but also for the reliability standpoint (leaking/longevity). I'm unsure of the condition of the bores.

I've seen an o-ring conversion kit on Ecklers site (PART# 37543) but I have not seen it in their catalog that I just got. Has anyone seen this conversion? Does it includes a SS sleeve or is there a sleeve available for this purpose?

I'm building this car as a fun driver, non racer, non show car and not an original museum piece. The brakes are for my peace of mind.

Corvette
08 Jetstream Blue Z51 coupe
red74
You might want to consider rebuilt calipers from Vette Brakes. O-ring pistons on stainless sleeves will run you just just under a $100 a caliper, and they have a warrenty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom