Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oct 12, Southeastern Folks, PLEASE READ

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Okay guys,

Please see this thead here:

OctoberVette (Kissimmee FL)

Let's see how many folks from around Florida and S. Georgia can connect and caravan into Kissimmee. This is a great, relaxed, fun event. It is also FREE!

We plan on cruising down Saturday Morning, doing the day, then heading home Saturday afternoon.

If you, or somebody you know is planning on attending (club event), please post to the thread listed above so we can get some idea when and how to coordinate our caravan efforts.

See you guys there!

OctoberVette

Where are you going to meet? I'm a member of the Jacksonville Corvette Club and I might be able to get a couple of other guys to join in.:cool

Still working on that. That is why I posted this about a week ago to get it out there and see who all is interested.

I do suggest we meet up maybe either at the Avenues Mall parking lot, or on the other extreme, at the Orange Park Mall parking lot.

Let's keep an eye on this, and see who is interested in the local Jacksonville club.

Thanks,

Chris

BTW, we will be driving the 69, and the 00.

I plan on attending this event and will see everyone at the show. Being in Melbourne I'm already pretty close to the show. Not sure how to coordinate meeting people at the show. I'm sure I'll be able to spot Killer at the show. ;) Had you planned on meeting at the show and getting the CAC people in a group?

Leon

Gorgon said:
I plan on attending this event and will see everyone at the show. Being in Melbourne I'm already pretty close to the show. Not sure how to coordinate meeting people at the show. I'm sure I'll be able to spot Killer at the show. ;) Had you planned on meeting at the show and getting the CAC people in a group?

Leon

Leon,

I hope to get us together, but realize that may be a near impossible task unless we all roll in at the same time.

I will have my red shade tent, and it will be near/behind/next to Killer and Nikki's red 2000 model.

The closer we get, the more plans we can put together.

Chris,
I just sent an email to the president of Jax Corvette Club to see if we can get a mass email out to the computer bubba within the club. I am going to do some phone calling here in the next couple of days to generate interest in the trip and on this web page forum. Look forward to getting with everyone. This stuff makes my sock roll up and down.

Be in touch,
Bob w/jet4rs:J

Sounds great Bob!

When/where is the next Jacksonville Corvette Club meeting?

Do you have a link with that schedule of events?

next meeting

The next Jacksonville Corvette Club meeting is going to be at the Holiday Inn at the corner of Baymeadows and I-95. Business meeting starts at 7:30. If you want to eat (of which we do a lot of) you might want to be there at 6:30. Our meetings are twice a month at different eating establishments. We have just about out grown all of the reastaurants around because we have on an average 60 attend each meeting. Next meeting is October 3rd.
The club web page is www.jaxcc.net. We are still working on it.

Hope to see you at the meeting and we can do some posting about OctoberVette.

See Ya, :w
Bob w/jet4rs

Gorgon said:
It's getting closer. How many CAC are going to make it?

Leon

I imagine we will have a better idea next week. I have not been working this as hard as I should do to some other distractions.

At the least, we can get a head count of who will be at the show so we can make sure and put faces with names, and hang out together for a bit.

I plan on being there, but only for the morning of the 12th and possibly into the early afternoon. We're meeting some friends on the water and I need time to get the boat prepped for the overnight trip. Just trying to see when everyone plans on getting there. I have a feeling I may be leaving when everyone starts arriving. :(

Plus I need to get some work done on the 'vette. Hope it's done in time for Saturday. :(

Leon

Since the show is only like from 9-4, I am sure you will still get to see most of everybody come and go, even if you leave around noon.

Re: next meeting

jet4rs said:
The next Jacksonville Corvette Club meeting is going to be at the Holiday Inn at the corner of Baymeadows and I-95. Business meeting starts at 7:30. If you want to eat (of which we do a lot of) you might want to be there at 6:30. Our meetings are twice a month at different eating establishments. We have just about out grown all of the reastaurants around because we have on an average 60 attend each meeting. Next meeting is October 3rd.
The club web page is www.jaxcc.net. We are still working on it.

Hope to see you at the meeting and we can do some posting about OctoberVette.

See Ya, :w
Bob w/jet4rs

Bob,

Are you going to the show at Lucas Corvette's on Satruday 10/5? I don't know if that is a member only thing or not.

Chris,

You know I'll be coming from the Tampa side. Not sure as to what time we'll get there yet.

Jay

Here is the meeting/caravan details for those heading down from the Northeast Florida/South GA region.

6:30 a.m. Meet at:

Panera Bread Company
11111 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL

(904) 269-3366

They have coffee, breakfast pasty food/bagels.

7:00 a.m., roll out from Panera. We will take I-295 to I-95 South, to I-4 West, to 192 South--right into Old Towne.

This will put us in Kissimmee between 9 and 10:00. Regsitration closes at 12:00 p.m., so there is plenty of time to stop and refuel Killer along the way!

My contact info is as follows:

Home email chrisnikki@juno.com
Home number (904) 298-3017
Work Number (904) 278-3424
Cell (day of show) (904) 502-7026

There is no planned specific parking at the show. I will have a red pop up shade tent with me, and you will see Killer. Call me on the Cell Phone when you get in and we can all put faces with names.

If anybody is coming down from GA, or wants to come over from Tallahassee, etc and ride with us, you are welcome to crash the night at our house, or catch one of the many hotels in my area Friday Night.

**Those of you coming in from other areas in Florida, please post your agenda here for those in your area that may want to caravan from your area**

I'M leaving from Tampa at about 7am and will stop for breakfast. This should get me there about 9am. My alt. plan is to sleep later drive faster and get there by 11am.

My wife is going so I can see plan two quickly becoming plan one.

Roy

resto75 said:
I'M leaving from Tampa at about 7am and will stop for breakfast. This should get me there about 9am. My alt. plan is to sleep later drive faster and get there by 11am.

My wife is going so I can see plan two quickly becoming plan one.

Roy

Roy, Maybe you can Jay could hook up from the West Coast crew.

Chris,
Sent out the email on time and place. Only have one confirmed so far. Like I told you Saturday We might get several more when we are ready to move out.
See Ya Saturday
Bob w/jet4rs:cool

Where exactly is this being held. I know it's in Kissimmee area but I don't know the location. Is it at a fairground , shopping mall, or other location. I think I saw it's on 192 or something like that but thats all I know.

I don't want to ride around looking for it without having a clue to where I'm going.

Roy

resto75 said:
Where exactly is this being held. I know it's in Kissimmee area but I don't know the location. Is it at a fairground , shopping mall, or other location. I think I saw it's on 192 or something like that but thats all I know.

I don't want to ride around looking for it without having a clue to where I'm going.

Roy

Roy,

You will turn South off I-4 to I92. Old Town will be on the right. You can't miss it. It will be a couple of miles down (can't remember for sure). If you do miss it, just turn around and go back. There should be Vettes everywhere filtering in. The main parking is actually in old town, and around the back side. My group will get there later in the morning, so we may not be able to park around back. Make sure you register when you get in. They will have it set up (I am pretty sure) where they direct you in and you drive passed an information table. They will tell you where to walk up to sign in. After that, just have fun. Call me on the Cell when you get settled in and we will all meet up.

Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom