Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OEM parts blues

T

tdr1919

Well this is the second time I bought an OEM part for my 86 and got burnt! and I do not use junk, my first experience was with a replacement clutch slave cylinder, that looked exactly as the original but the hydraulic line threads were different, I ended up rebuiding it with a kit from Rock Auto.
Now I bought a backup light switch, it again appears to be the same as the original, but after close examination the threads are a different size!
Is this is a problem with all the C4 PARTS?
Tom-

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
Well this is the second time I bought an OEM part for my 86 and got burnt! and I do not use junk, my first experience was with a replacement clutch slave cylinder, that looked exactly as the original but the hydraulic line threads were different, I ended up rebuiding it with a kit from Rock Auto.
Now I bought a backup light switch, it again appears to be the same as the original, but after close examination the threads are a different size!
Is this is a problem with all the C4 PARTS?
Tom-

I've yet to have a problem with a parts vendor. Who are you buying your OEM parts from? Cause I'm thinking..., therein lies your problem.

T

tdr1919

I've yet to have a problem with a parts vendor. Who are you buying your OEM parts from? Cause I'm thinking..., therein lies your problem.
I got the slave cylinder from Ed at "Not just Vettes" (2x he changed the part) the switch is a Carquest" part, they tried to cross it to Delco but as of yet no luck, it looks like I have to go to Chevy, I tried to fix the bad one but the
contacts are so burnt and uneven I cant get it to work properly.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom