Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil Capacity for 2000 LS-1 C-5 (Service w/Filter PF-46)

hoosierdaddy

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe; W/6-Speed
I just changed my oil a couple of days ago in my 2000 C-5 LS-1 with a filter AC PF-46S and put 7 quarts in the crankcase and it appears to be maybe a half quart over; should this be; or will it hurt anything? I first put in 6 quarts and checked it and it appeared to be a quart low; so I added an half quart and rechecked it and it still appeared to be low so I put the rest of the quart in and checked it and it seemed alright but I checked it later and it appears to be about a half of a quart over now. With the clean clear oil it is somewhat hard to tell; not to mention my eyeballs are not quite as good as they use to be :ugh I think the last time I changed it I put on a AC PF-44 but since that has been replaced with the PF-46S that is what I used this time but would that have had more capacity than the PF-46S, does the S designate SHORT?

I am thinking a half of quart is not a big deal but wanted to make sure before I drive it too much. Any comments on this would be greatly appreicated as long as their constructive not destructive please; I already feel like an idiot :duh

I look forward to all you comments, and help.

Bill :w

Your ok. I always fill my cars 1/4 to 1/2 qt. over the full mark. To make my final check, I let them sit overnight on a level surface (front and rear, side to side) and check it cold.

Your ok. I always fill my cars 1/4 to 1/2 qt. over the full mark. To make my final check, I let them sit overnight on a level surface (front and rear, side to side) and check it cold.

That is what I did, when I changed it it appeared to be alright; after it set overnight I checked it in the morning before I started it and that is when I found out it was 1/2 quart over the full mark. I had always been led to believe :confused that it was better to run it a little short than over so I just thought I would bounce this off of some before I attempted to drain a half quart which would be impossible to do more than likely. And at the cost of Mobile ! Synthetic I wasn't looking forward to doing it all over again. Sure wouldn't think half of quart over would hurt anything would it?

Thanks,
Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom