Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ok I need to see some rear ends....

CROOZ1N

Corvette
1993 Torch red coupe
last weekend one of the other club guys says that i need to check my spare tire as it is hanging to low. I checked it its the compact spare with the jack inside. I bolted it back up and it still hangs below the car excessively. I can take the hanger loose and push the pan up which will get it above the bottom of the bumper and that would make it look nicer but the bolt/hanger is too long. Is there another notch to hang it higher or an aftermarket hanger?

spare%20hanger.JPG

You are on the bottom hook used when you put the road wheel in when you swap for spare.
Wind the bolt right out and push it up higher ; there is a 2nd position behind the number plate:thumb

you need to see some rear-ends huh?

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1667-i-could-follow-hiney-ends-earth.jpg

Img52.jpg

Img68.jpg

:D:D:D

Yes I needed to see what the dealio was on my spare I think I understand that there are 2 positions for the hanger bolt. One notch for carrying the spare and one for putting the road wheel ( Flat now I suppose) back in place of the spare since the real wheel is much wider.

Thanks for the photos. I hope to check and change the bolt position this evening when I get home.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom