Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

One of the "Final Four" 87 Callaways - Rare tail spoiler :)

*89x2*

This is one of the four Callaways done After car 184 from 1987... It had virtually zero options and was seemingly built to do one thing, Haul &$$ :eek

This car was only the third Callaway I had actually been within "drooling distance" years ago and was quite an interesting machine :)

** Note the rare "Ducktail" spoiler mounted on the rear - I have only seen this on two other cars - A black coupe and burgundy Convertible.

FWIW, this car is a 4+3 (two of the "final four" were Automatics)

Enjoy :beer

WOW!! That's a blast from the past! Thanks for bringing back some great memorys!! I ran a 13 sec. flat at 112 mph on old gatorbacks on the first run for me ever! People still give me a hard time about selling that one. It was scary fast. The first scare I had was driving it home for the 1st time. I was on the Washington DC beltway going 55mph and decided to go around a tractor trailer - I nailed the GO pedal and she promptly spun the tires and I'm sideways with my heart in my throat. I get off the gas and she straightens right up and I continue going 55mph wondering WTF just happened. It was a kick azz way to start my relationship with Callaway! The only options that Callaway had were Z51, dual tops, and 4+3. It had manual AC, no rear defogger, cloth seats. She was(and still is for the current owner) a blast!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom