Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ooh Got Horny Today....

B

Black Ice

Well, When I purchased my 1996 last month in Louisville Ky, on my way to the NCM from the dealer something told me to blow the horn. AAAaaaaaaaaaa Oh gosh what a hiddious sound!! I would later find out the "A" note horn left town for good. To my dismay my Chevrolet Dealer told me the factory horn(s) is no longer available and all they have is a "universal" AC horn set for GM cars. I found on the web at www.carparts.com a JC Whittney division for discounted auto parts. The horn sent (what they call a high note horn) is a Borg Warner made "A" note horn in the "universal" fashion of the Dealers AC Delco universal unit. I had to use the clamp on style (red) wire taps to connect into the horn wires and bypass the GM quick connector. All in all the horn sounds great and the install was a snap. The horn cost was $25 and would endorse this route as a simple low cost way to fix a dead horn. (now let's see how many hits this one brings hehehe)

sometimes the horns get wet up the nose of the C4, and then if they work at all, they make aweful noise.

Glad you fixed it cheap!

Have to admit...

...it was the caption that made me look! ;)
Sil

When I bought my '95 last fall, the first thing I noticed was my "A" horn was out too! I bought one from a salvage yard off of a '95 Bonneville. All I had to do to make it fit (the terminal was even correct) was to hacksaw the mounting bracket off the Bonne horn, saw the vette horn off its mounting bracket, smooth things up with a file, JB weld the Bonne horn to the Vette mounting bracket (about 3/4" overlap) and hit the whole thing with satin black enamel. The way the thing sits out of the way I figured no one would notice the difference............ and they haven't. The combo sounds just great.

hehehe :cool Sil.. This new one came with a correct bracket for a C4. It really fit with out much trouble. I too had to paint the bracket and the back of the horn black because it had a goldish plated finish. Looks almost like the factory one now.

6 moths ago I got horny too!

But I went for the Red Hella euro trash type.

Had to do both at once...
.........and they are LOUD

So.... I had to have a smoke afterwards....

Phew.

Vig!

Vig-I hope you'll still respect them in the morning !

OH COME ON!

Honesty should be rewarded! :D
Sil

Ooh,..and just what type of "reward" do you want Sil..?? :s

I can't say,

the husband is right behind me. :eek

jk...you're having way too much fun with this thread! What did you expect with a title like that! I was curious, and a little intrigued so OF COURSE I looked!

Now, to get back on topic. 78's horn doesn't work either, what note would she have had stock? Would it be an "A" also?
Sil

hmm, i have a horn problem too guy's

my horn is a faint high note does that mean the horn is bad?
and some times it doesn't even work,,,,,

its relaly soft,, barly can hear it

Most Corvettes have 2 Horny.... Aaa I mean horns. one "A" note and one "C" note. The "A" is the high tone and "C" is the low tone. Usually the horn will be marked A or C. Sometimes both horns must be replaced because the new horn could over power the older one. Try replacing just the one you need If it sounds Ok to you then you are set. If not just order the other note as well and you will have a matched pair then. :bu

Mines the same I have to replace mine also..

BUT the stereo shop wasn't much smarter than GM! Chris is right water gets in the darned thing and after time they cook themselves out. Now when the stereo shop installed my alarm they put the horn (for the alarm) right beside the original (The one under the drivers headlight) LOL I never knew that but when I washed my car THE DOLT had the thing pointed UP! so naturally it got wet and when I hit my alarm for my Chirp chirp i got a SQUEEK SQUEEK! Lol I laughed my ars off! It sounded cute acutally (But of couse I fixed it hehe)

Pervs..All of you..! Maybe thats why I like :CAC so much :s

Hey, what ever turns your crank.

I just think its fun to read about all these people tooting their own horns.:Silly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom