Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Operating temps for my '84 C4.

Then you need to get the sensor that goes into the head from Ecklers or MADVET. It will turn your fans on at 200 off at 185. You don't need to do anything to the ECM

I am running that sensor now with a 180* tstat. I am looking for something that gives me a little more control. eg I get to pick when the fans go on and off. I am looking for a little more control.

Well I am considerably closer to where I would like to be. During my commute this morning the temp hovered around 183*-185* while running the AC on max. Naturally it was not as warm this morning but heck a good indicator. On the commute home the hottest it got was 207* - the outside temp was about 102*, forget what the weather man/person says. I think the new radiator is doing its job. The original radiator just could not cut the mustard. I am still running the 180* tstat which I think I am going to stick with. I think setting the minimum temp (which is what the tstat does) at 180* is a good choice for AZ driving. Now all I need to do is tweek on where the fans operate and I should be good to go.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this *hot* subject. ;-)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom