Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Order of body mount installation hardware

3dale1

Corvette
65 convertible L-76
Car is a 66 convertible. All I have is a box of bolts, rubber cushions, aluminum spacers, and shims; I don't have any idea how they all came apart--I didn't do it myself:W

I know I will have to play around with the number of shims, but what confuses me is the location of the cushions, and why I have aluminum spacers as well?;shrug

Can anyone help with the order of how these pieces install in each mount from the bolt to the cage nut? Pics would be great too:D

Thanks JC

All the body mounting hardware is shown in your '66 Assembly Manual, in section 1-Asm, sheets G2 and G3; ignore sheet G1, as that's for a coupe. The convertibles use an aluminum spacer at the #1 mount (where the coupe uses a rubber cushion).

:beer

JohnZ,

I don't have a 66 AIM, this car isn't mine and I'm just helping a friend with it...but I do have an AIM for my 69.

I just referenced those pages in my 69 (G1 and G2) and assembly seems pretty clear.
It show a different part number for the #1 spacer (3941909) vs the 2 and 3 mounts (3842911), which leads me to believe they must be rubber.

I know my 69 uses aluminum at 1 and 4 so I am assuming this can hold true for the 66. Make any sense?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom