Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Outer Side glass seals

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Has anyone here replaced the outer window seals on their C5? Long story short, I need to replace, at least, the passenger side.

I purchased the new ones from Mid America Motorworks last week while at CruiseFest. It appears that there are no rivets, like the ones I did when I had my 94. These appear to have push pins, about 6 (I didn't really count them).

Any suggestions? Do I need top pull the door panel?

Junkie, you have any words of wisdom for a dumb ole teacher?

Has anyone here replaced the outer window seals on their C5? Long story short, I need to replace, at least, the passenger side.

I purchased the new ones from Mid America Motorworks last week while at CruiseFest. It appears that there are no rivets, like the ones I did when I had my 94. These appear to have push pins, about 6 (I didn't really count them).

Any suggestions? Do I need top pull the door panel?

Junkie, you have any words of wisdom for a dumb ole teacher?

1. Remove the door trim panel.
  2. Remove the screw from the front of the sealing strip. Slide the strip rearward.
  3. Pull the sealing strip retainers from the holes in the door.
Installation Procedure

1. Align the sealing strip retainers to the slots in the door. Push the retainers into the slots and slide the sealing strip forward seating the retainers.
  2. Install the screw in the forward hole. Tighten Tighten the window outer sealing strip screw to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Attachments

• 01 door belt.gif
    01 door belt.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 120
OK, any little tricks to pulling the panel off?

OK, any little tricks to pulling the panel off?

Tom, getting ready to attempt replacing the outer window seal on drivers side...Any words of advice?? I realize this is a old thread but nothing ventured, nothing gained..:)

Ha, if it didn't happen yesterday I have a hard time remembering......:boogie Have you bought the seal yet? I think I still have the drivers side one. I only replaced the passenger side IIRC. I'll have to dig around and find it.

The seal I have is for the passenger side...I'm pretty sure. You are welcome to it, if you want it.

C5 window seal.jpg

Ha, if it didn't happen yesterday I have a hard time remembering......:boogie Have you bought the seal yet? I think I still have the drivers side one. I only replaced the passenger side IIRC. I'll have to dig around and find it.

:lol: I fight that battle all the time..and no, I haven't bought the seal yet, I did notice you have to buy drivers' and passengers side, guess that makes sense..or cents..

I'm thinking back when I did that, I bought them separately....but again, that was 8 years ago. The offer is still open, you are more than welcome to the one I have. PM sent.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom