Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Outlined White Letter Tires???

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
I will be putting a set of tires on the '81 soon and I like the looks of the outline white letter tires. Does anybody know what tire brands offer the outline white letter tires nowadays?? and pics would be great!!

thanks,
Brad

White outlines

BFG
Grand AM
Fire Hawk

THose the ones I know of

Also for cleaning the white letters I use Jasco Grafitti Remover.
Get the tires wet. spray a little right on the letters. rub with stiff bristle brush. Wash off with soapy water. They look brand new. Been doing it for years on my Jeep with the BFG All Terraigns. And they get nasty. Especially wen my wife likes to rub them on the drive-thru curbs.

goodyear eagles GTII
have raised white letters

The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's I have on my 81 are raised white letter also ,you can check out the pics in "tire size" on this forum.

Later, Ken:D

:w Brad,

I went to here at CAC and found 2 Tire Mfr. that have the "Out Line White Lettering" Yokohama (Avid S/T) and Kumho (Venture ST) if you click on the link above (image) it will take you to CAC link to The Tire Rack, then complete the basic info and ask to see the mfr. it also provides a full screen view of the tires ;)

Bud

OUTLINE LETTERING

THE TOP FOUR RECOMMENDATIONS,GOODYEAR EAGLE GTII,BRIDGESTONE TA RADIALS, DUNLAP ?, AND YOKOHAMA ,TO WHICH THE YOKOHAMA BEING THE ONLY ONE TO OFFER OUTLINE LETTERING. HAVING SAID THAT ALL THE SPECS ARE CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER IN DIAMETER ETC, WITH THE ONLY NOTED DIFFERENCE,I BELIEVE TO BE WIDTH, ALL ARE 10.2, WITH THE YOKOHAMA AT 10.5..
I JUST PURCHASED A SET OF 255X60X15....GOODYEAR EAGLE GTII, AND WILL BE MOUNTING AS SOON AS MOTHER NATURE CO-OPERATES.........................
ANDY [ BETHLEHEM,PA]

My humble apologies toPeer81, at the time I forgot the name of the particular brand of Dunlap.... it is the Dunlap GT Qualifier T........hence that explains the question mark ?????????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom