Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Painful seats

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
My friend traded his 2005 C6 in for a 2006 Z06 last fall.
Now that he has put a few miles on it, he tells me that his back hurts after about an hour of driving it where it didn't with the C6 sport seats.

Does anybody here know if the C6 sport seats can be interchanged into the Z06, or re-upholstered with additional padding? If swapped out, where is a good place to get them and will the Z06 have the wiring harness to connect to the sport seats?

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
Personally, I believe that there may be something wrong with the seat.
All c6 that I have driven, both with AR9 and AQ9 seating option, have been very comfortable.
What part of the seat is creating the most problem??
Allthebest, c4c5

Hi Paul,

I think it is the lack of lumbar support, or thin padding in the seat back. Is there significantly less mass in the padding areas on the Z06 seats compared to the C6 sport seats?
In any event, he says a 1 Hr. ride makes his back hurt for a week afterward, where he could ride all day in his C6. His wife says the same about the passenger seat.

Thanks.

wishuwerehere82 said:
Hi Paul,

I think it is the lack of lumbar support, or thin padding in the seat back. Is there significantly less mass in the padding areas on the Z06 seats compared to the C6 sport seats?
In any event, he says a 1 Hr. ride makes his back hurt for a week afterward, where he could ride all day in his C6. His wife says the same about the passenger seat.

Thanks.

Tell them to reduce the ride to 1/2 hour!

HI there,
I would suggest that you might want to compare a like vehicle, with the same seats, to compare if there is a difference.
As for retrofitting the sport seats, the side impact airbag, plus the wiring is something that would be challenging. But I believe that it could be done. I would have to do some research into this as far as that goes. My concern is safety, more than anything.
ZO6 seats are very good, so I would wonder if there isnt something different between the 2.
Allthebest, c4c5

Thank you for the insite you bring to the forum, Paul.
I know he has been checking this thread, so it will help to see this. I think he has been persueing it with the dealership he bought his Z05 and his previous C6 from.

And Greenie, I think he would love to drive 140MPH all the time, like he does in Germany, but sometimes it's just not practical.:L

Maybe notthe seats...I just sold a 2003Z and bought a 2006Z. I had to drive it 75 miles home from the dealer. (ha ha "had to drive")

Anyway the firts mile I noted just how much stiffer the car was then the C5. My C5 was still in the garage (buyer was to pick up the next day). Looks like to me the seats are about the same. But those 35 series EMTs on the C6..I believe...are the cause of the stiiffer ride. EVen I said that If I were going to take her to Florida (say) I would rather have the C5...that is until you step into the LS7

Maybe notthe seats...I just sold a 2003Z and bought a 2006Z. I had to drive it 75 miles home from the dealer. (ha ha "had to drive")

Anyway the first mile I noted just how much stiffer the car was then the C5. My C5 was still in the garage (buyer was to pick up the next day). Looks like to me the seats are about the same. But those 35 series EMTs on the C6..I believe...are the cause of the stiiffer ride. EVen I said that If I were going to take her to Florida (say) I would rather have the C5...that is until you step into the LS7

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom