Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Painful seats

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
My friend traded his 2005 C6 in for a 2006 Z06 last fall.
Now that he has put a few miles on it, he tells me that his back hurts after about an hour of driving it where it didn't with the C6 sport seats.

Does anybody here know if the C6 sport seats can be interchanged into the Z06, or re-upholstered with additional padding? If swapped out, where is a good place to get them and will the Z06 have the wiring harness to connect to the sport seats?

Thank you in advance.

I'd be interested to hear any options for the seat too.
Not impressed with the seat in my ZO6. The seat in my 2005 C6 was much better on my back. Almost seems like a piece of seat is missing in the lower back area.

Bob B.

Maybe notthe seats...I just sold a 2003Z and bought a 2006Z. I had to drive it 75 miles home from the dealer. (ha ha "had to drive")

Anyway the first mile I noted just how much stiffer the car was then the C5. My C5 was still in the garage (buyer was to pick up the next day). Looks like to me the seats are about the same. But those 35 series EMTs on the C6..I believe...are the cause of the stiiffer ride. EVen I said that If I were going to take her to Florida (say) I would rather have the C5...that is until you step into the LS7

Price Please

Nucferr , how much did you pay for your Z06?:crazy

Norseman said:
Nucferr , how much did you pay for your Z06?:crazy

I had a real hard time finding a dealer that would give me a 'firm' REALISTIC price for one. Most wanted to see what e-bay would bring. I don't do e-bay and refused to get rapped up in national bidding. Finally, through a corvette club that I started talking with (via internet) got hooked up with ...a straight forward salesman and dealer.

10K above sticker. Sticker 70191. I did get an Ecklers ccar cover (yes it is in a garage but I also like a cover)~ $250. The dealer had it shipped directly to my home (got it last Friday). Also I was sold the extended warrentee for dealer cost (I estimate I saved...maybe ~$400 on that.)

I have about 200 miles on it now and ABSOLUTELY no regrets.

How much?

You lucky bastard; I was offered the same deal but only after they had promised me MRP and had waited almost 5 months; so I told them to keep the damn car. I kind of wish I had taken it; and I probably would have if they had been up front with the price.
I took a Z-51 instead at MRP but did not get the extended warranty. I've got about 700 mi. on mine and just love it; I plan on getting a new set of mufflers (probably Corsa's touring) but not for a while, already spent enough on this car.:crazy
I keep mine in a garage too but it would just be too much trouble to deal with a car cover; maybe if I had gotten the Z06 it would have been a good option.
Anyway enjoy your beast and don't let it get away from you.:w

Norseman said:
You lucky bastard; I was offered the same deal but only after they had promised me MRP and had waited almost 5 months; so I told them to keep the damn car.

YEP That is almost EXACTLY what is happening around Northern VA. ALmost no dealer will give you a 'firm' price unless its the 25K over sticker. I was 'dealing" with two via phone and internet (traffic is so bad getting there is an adventure)-The closest I came (before hooking up with the one I bought) was one in Chantilly VA. They had one on e-bay and it had < 24 hours to go and only had about 8500 above list. I was prepared to pay 10K. Anyway I loged on over to another z06 site that night and found the "first" recall -that being the flywheel. When right back to ebay looking at the vin and there it was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LOT numbers. I just couldn't do it...I mean it's one thing to deal with that recall if you already own it but another if you have not yet purchased.
I was really glad tha I was able to do business with an up front dealer. He did not 'give' me the vet but he was straight forward as to its cost.

I feel like I have to be one of the lucky-est SOBs breathing.

PS It has about 250 miles and I 'throttle' her up a little today.....holy cow. I know the exhaust butterflies opened (heard the rumble for the first time under throttle) but everything else was a blur. I know I was less the <4500 rpm's.......swear it felt like my 03 Z at wot......need a few more miles before i .....wuth the ah/tc on...try her out.

ouch

Interesting to find another who, like me, found the new seats uncomfy after about an hour. I returned the '05 dbl-black Z-51 6-speed to the dealer after 24 hours of ownership.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom