Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

paint help

• Thread starter Thread starter ksems
  • Start date Start date
K

ksems

hi - all

T-Tops are at the shop getting painted.
According to their chart my color code is GM29
On the Corvette info I have , Dark Blue Metallic is GM28

When they pulled up GM 28 in their computer , it said that GM28
is for GM trucks....not cars

therefore , I am confused...

I told them to paint GM 29 because thats what their computer said.....now Im wondering if I sdhould do 28 because that is what our Specs page here says....the 28 and 29 are VERY VERY close.

thanks

I have an 81 and it is dark blue metallic and the records from GM Canada call for paint 28, trim C29 (cloth interior, dark blue29). This 81 was built in St. Louis and the information is from the entry papers for Canada. I think that 28 is correct, if you find it different let me know, also if you want I can fax you a copy of GM report.

Chuck

Kevin,

What is on your trim tag?? I just updated the Registry Color Codes. I used the "Corvette Black Book" for the codes. There are duplicute code #'s with different paint colors, but it is directly out of the Black Book. Some are St. Louis, some are Bowling Green and some are for the 2-tone color cars.

Best bet is to get the Color Code off your Trim Tag.. That should be the right color code number.

Bud

Look at the Tech Section for C3's, it does appear to be the same as the documentation I recieved.

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom